Heart beat sensor a bad thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heart beat sensor a bad thing?

Hey all. I noticed something about how I play with the heart beat sensor. I suck. Does anyone else play the same thing. I think it makes me less aware. I notice that I walk around starin at the radar and dont notice scrambled people etc. It also some of my view. I cant not look at it. It's like a distraction. Anyone agree?

Re: Heart beat sensor a bad thing?

Whenever I use it I try to run around normally, and when I hear a "beep" then I take cover and check it. If I start paying too much attention to it, like you said, then I find it very easy to get killed by players with ninja. Using sound and your own senses is much better than relying on the sensor.

Comment

I love using it, especially on players that are not aware. I can seem to stay focused on my surroundings and the radar, I don't spend too much time looking at it.
      I don't come across that many players with ninja which is a good thing.
      Overall I feel it is a very valuable attachment.

Comment

I think the key to using it is to only focus on the sound you get from the sensor. There is quite a difference between a noise from someone a far, and a noise of someone round the corner.

I basically try my best to play normally, but listen to the senser, if I hear anything I take a quick glance to see what direction the enemy may be in.

Comment

it's pretty helpful on hardcore as there is no constant minimap

Comment

I think it screws up the game pretty hardcore.

Comment

On cod4, i whip the **** out of everyone(hc only) and have no sensor. But when I use the sensor i just lose skill. Ill have to try only listening.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
                I think it screws up the game pretty hardcore.
                And this.

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
                  I think the key to using it is to only focus on the sound you get from the sensor. There is quite a difference between a noise from someone a far, and a noise of someone round the corner.

I basically try my best to play normally, but listen to the senser, if I hear anything I take a quick glance to see what direction the enemy may be in.
                  I agree, when i have it i play normally and if i hear the enemy blip or someone running i check the sensor otherwise it can be too distracting.

However its a great tool to use in CTF where you can set up and camp on the flag making sure you cant get flanked and are still able to defend the flag.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowX8001
                    (hc only)
                    This makes post about CoD4 skillz invalid.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
                      This makes post about CoD4 skillz invalid.
                      lol. BUT I get lots of kills, WITHOUT lots of deaths. So i think it balances it out.

Comment

Working...
                      X