Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wouldn't this be amazing?

~GoG~ use to do this back in BF1942-DC!

we had organized 25v25's on DC all the time! So much fun!

Comment

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

For those of you who dont know about 21CW there is the link.

Like Juno has said pretty well all of what Shifty has posted is in 21CW. A 30 on 30 battle every week.

Right we have two armies with complete command structures.

In the 11AD we have Command Staff, 4 Line Companies (our Infantry), one Armoured Company, and an Airforce.

Through teamspeak we all communicate and work together to win each round. As Juno said we have 12 hour battledays. Doesnt mean you have to play all 12 hours but you can jump in a play an hour here and an hour there. Some play the whole day.

We have our own mod and maps which are played on our servers. Individual points you get dont matter.

It is free to randomly join an army and only $5 to pick your army. For a campaign that can last a couple months that is not a lot to ask.

Right now we are in Campaign 26. Here is a poster that i made from a couple camps ago.

If you are looking for an organized battle using BF2 check out 21CW

Comment

Shifty, you didnt play on TBF2 vs events? Its a ***** to organize the event and get people to appear, and its an almost impossible task to get 32 people into a single coordination. The best you can do is-

1 squad for all air
        X squads for flag defense
        X squads for flag offense

Thats it. Otherwise it would end up in a big mess. Even if someone works out the strats, most of the people will log in unprepared and just pub it out.

Comment

21CW has structured practices all week and then a 12 hour battle on Saturday...

Its all organized every week.

Comment

Hmm, might have to check out 21CW then, sounds pretty sweet

But, I reckon if we get the TGN members on it, we could pull something off.

Comment

21CW is a TGN tournament.

Comment

The problem is nobody in pubs can properly do it because the VOIP only goes in squads. If squads could join a platoon it would work with another button to speak with the other squad leaders.

Now the way I would think would make it where people play as a team is where there's a bonus for winning.

So this would be the point system:

Kill = 1
                Assist = 1
                Flag capture = 5
                Flag capture assist = 4
                Revive = 5
                Resupply = 1 (To avoid point whoring)

Then when you do this in a flag zone you get a x2 bonus
                When you win the game, you get a x2 on your overall score

This would be a somewhat workable system needing perfecting for pubers to be more coordinated.

Also maybe a system where you get more points when you do it while being in a squad and within a certain distance of the squad members.

Now this would be easy if there were big BF2 clans with huge sponsors, this could be a very big thing, with pro LAN matches and all.

Comment

Points dont make a game more teamwork-oriented and your proposed point-system will lead to stacked teams.

Fact is, BF2 in its current state needs drastic changes to gameplay in order to make the game even more teamwork-heavy. Right now, the best you can do is log on, find a squad you like and enjoy the game.

The *ONLY* time when BF2 had massive, 32 player cooperational period (when entire teams and squads worked together) was when the Demo got released in June, 2004. Persistent stat tracking with retail game took care of that.

The second option would be to play in organized events like 21CW or BF2C.

Comment

yup, i've seen better teamwork in 1942 and vietnam when there were no stat tracking. this was despite no squads, commanders, orders, etc.

Comment

This is exactly why so many people have joined 21CW. Points dont matter. You can have the best score on both sides but if your side loses then whats the point.

Commanders give orders to Squad leaders who give those orders to their squad. If the squads work together they have a better chance of winning. Members of a squad that dont follow orders dont last long on servers.

This is exactly what 21CW is.

We have three weeks left in this campaign... go random right now and you dont have to pay. If you enjoy the atmosphere at 21CW you can choose your army for $5 or go random again.

Come check it out.

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Comment

Originally posted by [11AD]A|2Lt.Bailey
                        This is exactly why so many people have joined 21CW. Points dont matter. You can have the best score on both sides but if your side loses then whats the point.

Commanders give orders to Squad leaders who give those orders to their squad. If the squads work together they have a better chance of winning. Members of a squad that dont follow orders dont last long on servers.

We have three weeks left in this campaign... go random right now and you dont have to pay. If you enjoy the atmosphere at 21CW you can choose your army for $5 or go random again.

Come check it out.

http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/21cw.php
                        With all due respect, I like what you guys are doing, but pubbing is something completely different and a lot of people would want to experience what you experience in a pub environment.

Comment

Originally posted by [11AD]A|2Lt.Bailey

Come check it out.

http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/21cw.php
                          Stop spamming 21cw every other post in this thread. I think everybody got the message by now.

Comment

*Sigh* 21CW, not interested...

Comment

I don't know if I would have the time for this type of 12 hour games on Saturdays with my PC school.

We have a test on the BIOS and POST tomorrow and I don't know anything because I lost the darn papers, so tomorrow I've got 3 "Workshop" lessons where I can do what I want and do research and I'll learn then I guess.

Oh and for some dumb reason my CD key has magically become invalid, WTH?

Comment

Working...
                              X