BF2142 1.51 patch update from DICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2142 1.51 patch update from DICE

DICE's Bazajaytee posted this on the UK EA forums today regarding the upcoming patch:

Originally posted by Bazajaytee
    Hey guys
    Trying to get the programmer back on BF2142 still, he is being tied up on BFBC2 PC version.

As for the changelist you know this is a small update in terms of fixes and is aimed at adding more security fixes onto accounts to stop spoofing.

Other things you will see are:

* No DRM method on the exe as with BF2 (No more SafeDisc, PACE or SecuROM (depending on which version of BF2142 you have) and no more errors from EADM saying you need to log in to EADM to verify ownership even if you are logged in)
    * Operation Blue Pearl
    * Two brand new maps from community modder Jason Brice (more on this later)
    * Northern Strike will be available to EVERYONE

Also yes, BF2142 Deluxe Edition is heading to Steam and Direct2Drive (and all other online retailers you see selling BF2 Complete Collection) once BF2142 1.51 is done.
    another update:

Originally posted by Bazajaytee
    You will be glad to know that all of the maps fit with the Battlefield 2142 theme.

To answer some other questions:

* Server stability fix is in BF2142 v1.51 so should see a stop to the crashing servers exploit
    * There is no release date yet because as I mentioned earlier, I'm waiting for the programmer from BFBC2. So until he is back on BF2142 I can't estimate how long he will take to finish the update. There has been closed beta testing of the update with Combat Studios which is why we know of the major loading bug we have to deal with.
    * Operation Blue Pearl is Assault Lines
    * There are currently no extra Titan maps included.
    * Mac will get this update as quick as it can be converted from PC to Mac. This process isn't done by DICE so we will leave 1.50 servers running for Mac players until 1.51 comes out for the Mac. Then all 1.50 ranked servers will be shut down.
    * crysis40 there are fixes, mainly around stability and account security. As previously mentioned 1.50 was the main BF2142 update. 1.51 is a minor increment update to fix the security issues. We just threw in 3 maps for you. Not too bad for an incremental update really.

Re: BF2142 1.51 patch update from DICE

I'm so happy. Will be great to give 2142 a spin again.

Comment

Just saw that on the UK EA forum a few minutes ago. I'm over the Moon about Northern Strike being free (even though I paid for it before), AND three new maps! Excellent!

Comment

yeah and 2 of the maps are created by the same guy who made operation shingle, a quality map. i hope the new ones are just as good.

oh and my guess is DICE wants to finish everything up so they can get the games on steam/d2d in time for christmas season sales. hope i'm right.

and thank god for no-disc update!

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
          yeah and 2 of the maps are created by the same guy who made operation shingle, a quality map. i hope the new ones are just as good.

oh and my guess is DICE wants to finish everything up so they can get the games on steam/d2d in time for christmas season sales. hope i'm right.

and thank god for no-disc update!
          Yes, I used to think the "no disc" thing was nice, but not too important until they brought it in for Bf 2. What a difference it makes just for pure convenience!

Anyway, as you say, "Operation Shingle" was a quality map, so I have faith in the new ones, especially as the DICE guys seem to think that they're worth including.

Comment

This is Just Bloody marvelous!!! 3 new maps......no more playing NS on US servers with huge pings.....I heard a whisper theres 3 new vehicles coming too.

Comment

Originally posted by covetking
              This is Just Bloody marvelous!!! 3 new maps......no more playing NS on US servers with huge pings.....I heard a whisper theres 3 new vehicles coming too.
              Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You used the word, "marvellous" (I'm British, so use the British spelling, rather than the American, "marvelous"). I'm so happy that somebody realises (British spelling again) that there are more adjectives in the English language than f*****g "AWESOME"!

Come to China! The beers are on me!

Comment

i heard about the new vehicles as well, but nothing in detail. too bad the beta testers can't say anything at the moment. maybe the new vehicles were made for the new maps operation blue pearl + 2 jason brice ones.

Comment

Yay, new maps for me to play for two hours before all the servers and players go back to 24/7 Gib and 24/7 Suez Titan! :yay:

</smarmy>

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
                    Yay, new maps for me to play for two hours before all the servers and players go back to 24/7 Gib and 24/7 Suez Titan! :yay:

</smarmy>
                    Yeah! The man has a point there! Let's hope the servers will last more than two hours. Maybe we'll get two days!:yay:

Comment

yeah harlequin I'm australian so My english is old school but terrible

Comment

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::thumbsup:

Comment

I hope with NS being free that it is not only played more often, but that it also fixes the modified content error. kudos to dice for what looks like is going to be a very nice patch. we'll see when we get there.

Comment

NS for all is good - should see more NS servers as I play these pretty much exclusive now. Two more Jason Brice maps is also great news - Op Shingle is probably my fave current map. It would be great not to have to put my disc in the drive to play.

Security fixes - I really hope this includes broken geometry on the maps. That hole on Shingle has to be closed. You pretty much need to leave troops guarding that exploit now if you don't want to suffer absolute torture as EU on Anzio bridge. Often if I am EU I will just sit in there waiting for the PACs trying to sneak in.

Comment

Just realised my BF2142 CD is 8000 miles away.

Fail.

Comment

Working...
                              X