mouse buttons 4 & 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mouse buttons 4 & 5

Anybody able to use mouse buttons 4 & 5 in mod warfare 2?

I have a Razer diamondback and when I try and change the settings (for instance I usually have mouse 4 as crouch), it does not seem to detect anything. I have no probs on COD4 setting these buttons.

Cheers for any feedback!

Re: mouse buttons 4 & 5

It let me assign actions to 4 and 5 with my G5. I don't have Setpoint installed, either.

Comment

thanks for reply, at least i now now the game allows these buttons to be used! will give it another shot later!

Comment

Install Razor Drivers. If mouse buttons 4 & 5 still don't work, you can assign those buttons to keyboard keys "F11" and "F12" for example, using the razor control panel.

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
          Install Razor Drivers. If mouse buttons 4 & 5 still don't work, you can assign those buttons to keyboard keys "F11" and "F12" for example, using the razor control panel.

Razer drivers are installed and up to date, buttons 4 & 5 work in all my other games (cod4, world at war, battlefield 2142 etc). It's just this game!!

Comment

Did you try using F11 and F12, method?

Comment

At work at the moment so have not tried yet. One question though, why would I want to assign the function to other keys on the keyboard? I don't have an issue with say crouch being the c key, I just am so use to crouching using the mouse button 4 & takes awhile to adapt back.

Comment

was about to say something like: "this game is not balanced for a mouse"

Comment

I use mouse 4 for knife, I will probably make 5 re-loading.

Comment

Well if you use the Razor Software you can assign Mouse Button 4 to also be F11. You can map the F11 key to be crouch in game, so when you hit Mouse 4 it will work.

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
                      was about to say something like: "this game is not balanced for a mouse"
                      waiting for that one!!!

Well if you use the Razor Software you can assign Mouse Button 4 to also be F11. You can map the F11 key to be crouch in game, so when you hit Mouse 4 it will work.

Ah ok, thanks for explaining that - will give that a go a.s.a.p. :thumbsup:

Comment

yeap, you gotta assign them to a keystroke. i had to do that for my razer (that i no longer use).

Comment

It works fine on my Logitech mx518 too, with only the plug-and-play drivers.
                          Maybe you should reset your keymappings and try again?

Comment

*Changes button 5 to crouch, then face palms*

Comment

yep using them on my copperhead, button 4 throwing nades and button 5 throwing special nades

Comment

Working...
                              X