Ping numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ping numbers

modernwarfail2.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, modernwarfail2.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

The hackers are still fixing IW's autistic child AKA MW2. So, if you've already hacked your game, then you might as well add this one onto your list.

Just remember that you may be banned for using such a hack.

Re: Ping numbers

Very nice find, defiantly better then the cell phone bars. I think this is an acceptable modification, I doubt that IW will go after people changing this. I've seen this many times, players modded their scoreboard appearance in Call Of Duty 4 and 5. Punkbuster never picked up on it either.

Comment

I'm not 100% sure but I think the console hack (the one needed to activate the ping numbers) is the one that may get you banned.

Comment

it'd be foolish to take a chance like that on a $60 game.

Comment

sooooo is this a legal form of piracy ?

Comment

Originally posted by ch3ch3n
            sooooo is this a legal form of piracy ?
            Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o

Its a modification like the Battlefield files to say different things when getting points and stuff.

The problem with it is you are downloading other things than just a text file AND no one knows what VAC will be looking for that is modified.

I wouldn't risk it myself. The rule I would go by is if I cannot modify it in the files it came with, such as config_mp, then I am not modifying it.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I really want to use all these tweaks but at the same time I refuse to risk my $60.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis
                I'm not 100% sure but I think the console hack (the one needed to activate the ping numbers) is the one that may get you banned.
                Yeah the console hack might get banned in the future. Safest way is not to mod your game, at all keep it stock. Wait what happens with these tweaks, if they are still around and work, in 3 months I would say that IW, doesn't care.

Comment

I'll only try this if IW drop their support for the PC... Like people said, £40 is waay to much to risk it.

Comment

Aslo be warned that you may be risking more than just MW2:

If a cheat is found the player's Steam account will be flagged as cheating immediately, but the player will not receive any indication of the detection. It is only after a delay of "days or even weeks"[4] that the account is permanently banned from "VAC Secure" servers[5] for that game, along with other games that use the same engine. (e.g. Valve's Source games, GoldSrc games, Unreal engine games).

Comment

I don't know what's more absurd... Having to hack to get such a simple necessity or getting banned for it.

Comment

Getting banned for it. Then hacking for the necessity

Comment

As it has been said before what really annoys me is this game is backwards:

- Get a hack version of the game and get dedicated servers mod support etc.

OR

- Pay for the game legally and get mouse support and in text chat......woopy?

Comment

Working...
                          X