Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32 player support for pcs confirmed?

Well, I simply twittered this to demize99:

"any chance the pc version will support 32 players like the upcoming bf1943?"

And the answer was:

"I'd say that's possible... "

Re: 32 player support for pcs confirmed?

hmm i was hoping for more than 32, more like 48.

Comment

32, although still not ideal, would be a somewhat significant improvement over 24. I would prefer to have at least 48 (I always played 48 and 64 player servers in BF2142).

That said, the gameplay might allow for 24 to work perfectly fine. I know in TF2 I can't stand playing on servers that have more than 24 slots.

Comment

24 was fine in BC1, albeit I would like to try 48, 32 is good enough really.

Comment

I was hopeing for 40 players on PC,kind of a sweet spot for me! :salute:

And could we have a bit of PC gameplay footage?,.....afterall,the PC version should be in a similar state of development as the PS3 version right,RIGHT,RIGHT???

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
            32, although still not ideal, would be a somewhat significant improvement over 24. I would prefer to have at least 48 (I always played 48 and 64 player servers in BF2142).

That said, the gameplay might allow for 24 to work perfectly fine. I know in TF2 I can't stand playing on servers that have more than 24 slots.
            yeah 64 player was the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by dirty0harry
              I was hopeing for 40 players on PC,kind of a sweet spot for me! :salute:

And could we have a bit of PC gameplay footage?,.....afterall,the PC version should be in a similar state of development as the PS3 version right,RIGHT,RIGHT???
              I think they will first concentrate on the ps3, when the pc beta comes out we're sure to get flooded by information and videos.

Comment

Originally posted by dirty0harry
                That's what we all thought about BF1943...

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
                  That's what we all thought about BF1943...
                  yes m8,and "a little bit extra for the PC market",does that equate to "a lot more development time(like 3 months)"? :cry:

Comment

althought i want 42+, i don't expect it and won't be upset with 32 since this isn't a full blown BF game. this is a faster paced COD-ish BF game so 32 is probably enough.

besides, after playing a lot of MW2, 32 will seem like a HUGE player count.

Comment

40 would have been excellent. I hope BF3 has at least 50 or something.

Comment

BF3 better have 64+

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                          BF3 better have 64+
                          I wish to, but the Frostbite engine has gotten better in so many areas that player count might have suffered a little bit. One of the Devs said on the forums that they tried I think it was 80 or 90 players locally and it worked out fine. I'm still optimistic if the player count could increase. Higher player count especially benefit Conquest, just make it so good!!! Plus you can have bigger maps and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                            althought i want 42+, i don't expect it and won't be upset with 32 since this isn't a full blown BF game. this is a faster paced COD-ish BF game so 32 is probably enough.

besides, after playing a lot of MW2, 32 will seem like a HUGE player count.
                            how is this cod-ish?

Comment

Originally posted by johnrondot
                              how is this cod-ish?
                              if you haven't noticed, they are borrowing a lot of things from COD. health regen, perks, air support call-in, kill cam, one button grenade lob and knife slash, just to name a few.

oh and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X