Opinions About Latency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions About Latency

I would like everybody's opinion about how the hit detection works in private matches, compared to previous call of duty titles. I don't own the game yet, so I would like to know what you personally think.

Does it work well most of the time, or do you have to lead your target a lot to compensate for lag?
    Does the host have too much of an advantage, or is his advantage not noticeable?
    Is there a difference in performance, between public and private matches?
    Have you played as the host, and how well did you do, did you feel like you had an advantage?

Thanks for your input.

Re: Opinions About Latency

This is only from public matches, but I should think they work the same?

I have no issue with the hit detection, if I can put my crosshair on something then I will usually hit it. Where latency hits me is when the server overrides what I see and decides that someone shot me in the back before I even saw the guy I was shooting at.

There have only been a few matches where hits disnt register and people were rubber-banding around. But I quot those matches as soon as I noticed.

Comment

A majority of the time, it is pretty good, up to cod4's standard. Occasionally you join a game and get a bad host, but you just leave and find a new game.

Comment

Is there a way to find out who's hosting? Without him having to physically leave the server?

Comment

There should really be a way to vote for a new host if the server is lagging...

And as far as I know, you don't know whose hosting, its basically a guessing game.

Comment

If you change it to have 10 bars, it's easy to see who the host is.

Comment

1 out of 3 times the game is unplayable, literally. 2 out of 3 times its bearable but nothing even close to dedi servers.

Comment

Originally posted by Infiltrator
                1 out of 3 times the game is unplayable, literally. 2 out of 3 times its bearable but nothing even close to dedi servers.
                I have no problems with mine, nice and easy.
                Almost every game is playable and if the host is bad, it finds a new one quickly.

Comment

Most games are fine, sometimes you get lag/findng a new host.

@Hit deterction, it seems find most of the time, sometimes though it does feel 'laggy' in that you kill someone, half a second later your kill message comes up etc. But on the whole its fine.

Comment

Working...
                  X