Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Petition - To Infinity Ward

PC Gamers,

I’ve come to make a topic here because of a post made by one of your members on the FPSAdmin.com forums prior to the release of Modern Warfare 2 showing support for the game from your clan/members.

As we are very much aware Infinity Ward have yet to respond to the concerns and feedback of the PC Community about Modern Warfare 2. PC Gamers have come under a large amount of criticism for acting out with a petition in advance of the games release without knowing what it would be like.

Well now the game has been released and we do know what it is like. This is a call for anyone within the PC Community to show their support for a new petition entitled ‘Modern Warfare 2 (PC) – Post Release’. The idea behind the new petition is to show Infinity Ward (with a completely clean slate) that we do really still care about the issues and are providing them with the feedback that they need to do good by us.

The petition covers the need for:

- Support for an in-game console;
    - Support for the “/record” feature;
    - Support for the lean feature;
    - Support for auto-balancing;
    - Support for multiple profiles;
    - Support for better Graphics and FOV control;
    - Support for actual ping readouts in ms (not graphs);
    - Support for a tournament game type (like Promod);

Dedicated Server/IWNet specific:

- Support for mod tools and modded Dedicated Servers;
    - Support for Punkbuster enabled Dedicated Servers;
    - Support for Dedicated Server admins to choose player numbers (Max: 50);
    - Support for PC gamers to choose if they wish to connect to an IWNet P2P server or a Dedicated Server (hosted by clans/individuals, etc)

Many PC Gamers are starting to give up on Infinity Ward ever making good of their damaging changes to the community. My response to that, and hopefully yours, is “let’s give it one last shot”. Let’s unite as one PC Community!

The IW forums post for this is at http://www.infinityward.com/forum/vi...?f=24&t=174552

The petition is at: http://www.petitiononline.com/mw2pcpr/petition.html

Thanks,
    CS[Ex]JustJack
    jack@celtsclan.com

Re: 2nd Petition - To Infinity Ward

This is a good idea, but I still don't think petitions and what not will make IW change their minds, cos they already have our money

But anywho, I too want to see these sort of changes and the game (and their sales in the PC market) would benefit from them implementing these features into it.

Signed.

Comment

I'm sure they know that implementing these changes would benefit them in terms of additional sales from the PC Community... it's just them actually doing it.

I really hope that we can get the PC Community to unite on this one and show them that we're all in this together. I think MW2 on IWNet isn't going to have a long term future like COD4 has had for all this time (if anything a MW2 fail is giving COD4 a lot more life).

It'd be fully possible for them to run IWNet alongside Dedicated Servers - with the right logistics to how it'd work they could still make money using DLC as they want to.

Comment

A MW2 flop won't necessarily bring more money to COD4 because people who have not played it might want to stay away from it due to a bad MW2 experience and those who have will just pick it up off of their shelves. Then the PC community will go to BC2 or something similar because (from what I can tell) DICE are going to back that one up.

Just my opinion

Comment

If they want to sell DLC to the PC community, they're not going to release mod tools.

Period.

Second, from a programming standpoint, mixing dedicated servers and a P2P infrastructure is a bad, bad idea. At this point, they've already committed themselves to pursuing a particular path (in terms of netcode), and recoding all of that to work with a dedicated server infrastructure would be more work than you'd care to know. What you're proposing, at least in the IWNet/Dedi Server section would essentially require them to recode the entire network code base inside their game as well as develop a dedicated server platform for a variety of operating systems and hardware configurations. Trust me, that will happen only if hell freezes over.

Not trying to be a pessimist, but as someone who's dealt with stuff like that before, I can tell you it'll never happen, no matter how much you shout about it.

Comment

Will you people please stop. You are beating a dead horse.

Comment

Originally posted by jwevrsn
              I'm sure they know that implementing these changes would benefit them in terms of additional sales from the PC Community... it's just them actually doing it.
              But will the sales revenue be greater than the bill for labour and resources? I somehow think not.

'fraid to say, but the petition will do nowt. The only way it's going to change is if for some reason they have a change of heart (for business reasons that means).

Comment

Let us dream!!!

Comment

Originally posted by groundedzero
                  Let us dream!!!
                  Yeah let us dream. Besides at the at of the day it takes you 20 seconds to stick your name on the petition saying you think it matters.

If they don't listen then the PC Community will move on, for 20 seconds it's worth a go!

Comment

Originally posted by jwevrsn
                    Yeah let us dream. Besides at the at of the day it takes you 20 seconds to stick your name on the petition saying you think it matters.

If they don't listen then the PC Community will move on, for 20 seconds it's worth a go!
                    Then let's start moving on now; what IW fails to realize is they're opening the door for other development studios to come in and create killer games for the PC platform which have all the requisite features we demand here. Who cares about stinkin' MW2 if they don't give a flip about us? I'm sure there are plenty of other devs out there who absolutely realize what we want by now (especially after this fiasco) and are working to make it a reality right now.

Comment

Good point Webs, IW's loss.

Comment

signed

Comment

Yay petition! Whats the point...

Comment

^ agreed.

As much as its nice that people agree with us it won't change a thing.

Comment

Have to agree with Webs.

Comment

Working...
                              X