project natal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• project natal

To all potential buyers of the upcoming motion tech ‘Project Natal’ on the Xbox 360 listen up, as we have an update to give you now, on a expected release as well as some likely prices for the device.

As reported from Eurogamer, they have quoted information from MCV, who have stated that Project Natal will launch in November 2010. They added that Microsoft are planning to manufacture 5 million units, which will be ready on launch.

Heres the interesting part though. The report also reveals that Natal is likely to be under £50, with even £30 as a potential pricing point. That works out around $50-80, although pricing is likely to vary depending on which region you live in.

What do you think about this? Seems a very reasonable price to us, let us know your thoughts on it.

Re: project natal

Sounds great. Would just like to now know what games will be available but I guess we won't know anything about that sort of thing until the middle of next year.

Comment

As far as I am concerned Gamers will always want a controller in hand and would always go back to a controller if a more physical option was presented. It happened with the Wii and it'll happen with Natal. I'd love to see games intelligently implement motion controls to their gameplay but the ones that do so well are few and far between.

Prove me wrong M$.

And Felicia Day demo'd it. So regardless I'll buy one.

Comment

by the look of the videos it seems to work good, but you never know

Comment

Doesn't really attract me :/ how is it gonna be for fps games? once I see that I might change my mind going on how it looks.

Comment

Originally posted by [RET]AF|TexasJr
            Doesn't really attract me :/ how is it gonna be for fps games? once I see that I might change my mind going on how it looks.
            I don't think it will work very well with FPS. I don't think it's a 'one size fits all' type controller and will probably suck for fps. Maybe this is the reason why the Wii has had limited success with the FPS genre. It's also been said that there is a slight delay from your actions to them being performed in the game. That might be just because it's early in the development of Project Natal and I'm guessing speed isn't on the priority list just yet.

Comment

I remember hearing someone on the video where Sony announced their motion controller thing, saying that they had learnt with the eyetoy that some games you just can't do with just motion control and sensors. FPS being the prime example of that, Natal is to appeal to the mainstream and as a technical exercise really IMO, it will be cool and it's awesome to see how the technology has evolved but I can't see a practical use for it with the types of games most of us here like to play.

Comment

Looks like someone's having a go at FPS, or at least this cutscene from HL2. A new video popped up on Gizmodo of someone using Natal in HL2 > http://goo.gl/LaYK

Comment

Working...
                X