If anyone still cares...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If anyone still cares...

I replied to the news story "Some Mistakes Infinity Ward Should Regret " that was made a few days back with a few of my thoughts, and a bit of rage in between about the game.

I ended up getting my group of friends to pick it up, after we all banded together to boycott the game. I will say we've been having a blast, but definitely some hickups, bumps and cliffs have had to be crossed in order to get to the fun side of things. All explained in my 100 page write up...

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

If you haven't bought the game because you think it is a complete bust or you want to "stick to your guns" and stick it to the man .. it ain't going to work and I bought the game once I came to that conclusion.

What's done is done, and Infinity Ward has moved to the top of my most hated game developers, but I give credit to the sexy graphics, awesome weapon attachments and bigger maps. Everything else, meh, it's do-able but nothing I got excited over.

Re: If anyone still cares...

Well i guess ther are some ppl that wont buy this game for ther ego is to big. But they will watch the news and hope this game will be a failure after all.

Comment

I dont really play games like a use to, but just fora bit of fun MW2 is good, if yout into gaming big time it can be annoying. I would how ever like the option to choose what map I want to start off playing and what gametype. £40 is a lot when you haven't really got that much freedom to choose what you want to play to enjoy yourself to the max.

Comment

I don't care if it doesn't work.
        I still won't buy the game out of principle. I don't believe Infinity Ward deserve a penny of my money after the way they handled the PC community. Money Hungry bastard corporations do not deserve my money and it will stay at that.

I don't care if they introduced everything that should be there in the first place tommorow, I still won't but it. Its not about sticking it to the man in some vain hope for me anymore.
        Its me as a consumer boycotting their software for their disgraceful treatment not just to me but thousands, hundreds of thousands of PC gamers everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by ch3ch3n
          Well i guess ther are some ppl that wont buy this game for ther ego is to big. .
          What? Since when did egos have anything to do with this? I dare say those that aren't buying are doing so because it's not value for money. It's just not for reasons that I can't be bothered to repeat again.

Originally posted by ch3ch3n
          But they will watch the news and hope this game will be a failure after all
          It's obviously not going to be a 'failure'. It's CoD it's going to sell **** loads. In 2 years time will we look back at MW2 and think that as a MP it failed? Maybe, although not to the extent of FFOW and ETQW because the sales have been higher for MW2.

Originally posted by Dr Random
          I don't believe Infinity Ward deserve a penny of my money after the way they handled the PC community. Money Hungry bastard corporations do not deserve my money and it will stay at that.
          Yeah for me that's what this game comes across as, a money grab. It doesn't seem like a game that was made to be awesome. It was made for Mr. Kotick to line his pockets with some more paper.

Comment

Well you are right, but at the same time, you need to understand that Infinity-Ward didn't go into the office one day, sit down between developers and say, "Let's Create IWNet!"

Battle.Net is the SAME thing basically which was created by Blizzard which happens to be owned by Activision, the same company who 'owns' Infinity-Ward.

Now, I think they definitely could've designed it better for the PC (With the statements I made in my long rant) but when somebody says they should've redesigned it for PC instead of Console Porting, and make it DirectX 11 Capable...etc is truly pointless. It would cost much more money than it is worth.

Infinity-Ward is definitely making their money, and IWNet definitely is a fail compared to Dedicated Servers, but I do truly believe after reading comments from the CFO of Activision and understanding Battle.Net, that it was Activision that made IW go this route, not IW's option.

It is now IW's responsability to pull it off and make it sound awesome...which it isn't.

For those who think Treyarch will still come out with dedicated servers, I wouldn't hold your breath. As I said, this is Activision's advancement for more power and money, not necessarily the game developers.

Comment

Working...
            X