Knife mehancis need a re-do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knife mehancis need a re-do?

Is it just me or is the trust sharp "knife" a lot more effective in MW2?
    I was playing on a map today a guy with a knife ran for me, I was shooting him, he would of have to been a meter or two away and got me with it.
    Now, I had him in my scope the entire time at him and yet he killed me, when I am sure he was in no distance to reach me.

Have many other people found this? Do you use this tactic yourself?

Re: Knife mehancis need a re-do?

ther is a perk called commando it increases melee distance i think you ran into one of them

ps: move your xfire sig down under you have a widescreen window now :P

Comment

The same stuff happens in CoD4. Melee lunge is broken in Call of Duty IMO.

Comment

Yes i personally hate the knife and would rather it be gone.

Comment

I didn't notice it in cod4, maybe it is because of the map size but anyway.
          I don't think it should be removed, I feel the perk should.
          I am not really liking this uber knife.

Comment

What you were mentioning Rykuu almost sounds like some lag as well.

The knife in MW2 is strange though. It seems like just whipping it around cuts everyone down, like its a light sabre or something. There is no "feel" to the knife at all.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I havent noticed it before, but I just played a couple of rounds against a team were at least the topscores didnt do much else than run around at high speed, knifing everybody the passed.

I suspect they also had some of the sprint/stabbing perk, but i forgot to take note of it in killcam.

In the later rounds my whole team developed paranoia, so we were able to counter it to some degree
              But IMHO it kind of breaks the game, when you can run around and oneshot kill people without them getting any warning, or are able to charge several meters agains a shooting AR.

Comment

I complained all the time about the knife in COD4, its a stupid mechanic! The fact i can drop my AR, MG or rocket launcher in under a second and at lightning speed whip out my knife is ridiculous. For me it destroys any sort of CQC because people just charge at you and from 3 metres away and "knife" you.

Comment

The knife has an aimbot, even in CoD4. That could be a reason.

Comment

Remember dog tags in BF2142? ( I sucked at it)
                    If they added this, players would just spend their time running with it.
                    Maybe knifing/riot shield is a good combo, charging and able to protect your back.
                    I MUST TRY HIS!

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU
                      Remember dog tags in BF2142? ( I sucked at it)
                      If they added this, players would just spend their time running with it.
                      Maybe knifing/riot shield is a good combo, charging and able to protect your back.
                      I MUST TRY HIS!
                      I am pretty certain that bashing with the shield replaces the knife. I have made a class with the shield and the commanod perk, but havent yet tried it out.

Comment

Yes it does replace it, i mean the shield would be more of a "hermit shell" while you would hold probably a pistol, then charge up to people and knife them.

Comment

Some of the pistols in this game are better than the AR's

Comment

Working...
                          X