Duplicate Product Key?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicate Product Key?

This is absolutely ridiculous. I go to install MW2 on my PC and 1.) it makes you install through Steam, and 2.) you can't install the game on more than one PC. Every Call of Duty since the first release in 2003 me and my brother have shared the same game no problem, why should it change now? I'm sure all those who play on consoles only buy one game per household, why should PC gamers have to pay more? Is there any way to install the game offline? Is there anyway around this? So stupid.

Re: Duplicate Product Key?

You can never install a game on more than one PC if the game is tied to Steam. Even with counterstrike, TF2, etc.

There's really nothing you can do. If it wasn't using steam, that would be a different story.

Comment

You can install it on a bunch of computers but only one computer can play the game at the same time as it is tied to your Steam account.

No way around it I'm afraid.

Comment

what happens when you try to play (SP) offline mode with your credentials saved? does it still require internet?

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
          what happens when you try to play (SP) offline mode with your credentials saved? does it still require internet?
          No, but I've heard that some games have problems with the steam offline mode.

Comment

I have my steam account running on my laptop and desktop. I can install games on both PC's, I just can't play steam games, on both computers at the same time. Offline mode will allow you to do that tho, but if you connect to steam while the other computer is running the game online it will boot you out of steam.

Comment

Working...
            X