Customization Overload?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customization Overload?

I have been playing the MP quite a bit recently and although im enjoying it there are some things that frustrate me. The customization in this game is huge and overwhelming in some cases however thats not to say its great for making the game last longer.

The thing that annoys me is the customization purely for the hell of it on IW's part, what am i talking about? This:

• Silenced Shotguns (I know they exist but to this extreme?)
    • Silenced MG's (For me having a gun with no recoil and all that power shouldnt be considered as a stealth weapon over an AR.
    • I am happy with SOME silenced sniper rifles where its possible, but a silenced Barret 50.cal?? That sounds like a BB gun when you fire it?

I know this game wasnt supposed to be a realistic game, but with everyone unlocking silencers for every gun its turning into what sounds like a BB gun fight in a warzone.

Re: Customization Overload?

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
    I have been playing the MP quite a bit recently and although im enjoying it there are some things that frustrate me. The customization in this game is huge and overwhelming in some cases however thats not to say its great for making the game last longer.

The thing that annoys me is the customization purely for the hell of it on IW's part, what am i talking about? This:

• Silenced Shotguns (I know they exist but to this extreme?)
    • Silenced MG's (For me having a gun with no recoil and all that power shouldnt be considered as a stealth weapon over an AR.
    • I am happy with SOME silenced sniper rifles where its possible, but a silenced Barret 50.cal?? That sounds like a BB gun when you fire it?

I know this game wasnt supposed to be a realistic game, but with everyone unlocking silencers for every gun its turning into what sounds like a BB gun fight in a warzone.
    The more customization the better i say, but i do find silenced shotguns to be very, very strange. Even if they do exist.

Comment

Call of Duty: Modern Airsoft 2?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator

It IS possible to use a supressor with a 50. Cal, but it doesnt supress it that much. I think its more for deterring the muzzle flash really.

Comment

Ah well i just wanted your opinions on it, just for me personally i found silenced shotguns a very odd concept.

However one attachment i am loving atm, the heartbeat sensor! With Bling this attachment is just awesome especially in less fast paced gamemodes where there is more of a front line (Domination, CTF). Its like having a constant personal UAV

Comment

I dont expect more realism from MW2 than from TF2.
            Many assume that because the game looks somewhat realistic it also has realistic mechanics, and get caught up in pointless discussions about mounting grenade launchers on knives etc.

As longs as it doesnt break balance, I just ignore how the real world works and enjoy the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
              I dont expect more realism from MW2 than from TF2.
              Many assume that because the game looks somewhat realistic it also has realistic mechanics, and get caught up in pointless discussions about mounting grenade launchers on knives etc.

As longs as it doesnt break balance, I just ignore how the real world works and enjoy the game.
              Now what is that supposed to mean? TF2 is an accurate combat simulator... with the cloaking spies and all...

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainKirk
                Now what is that supposed to mean? TF2 is an accurate combat simulator... with the cloaking spies and all...
                You also forgot about the rocket jump and throwing piss on people to score crits on them... (yes, as Australians we all do that)

Comment

^Yeah, happened to me on the way to school. lucky a friendly german guy was nearby.

Comment

yeah not a big fan of over-customization. it's like dress-up dolls for guys.

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
                      ^Yeah, happened to me on the way to school. lucky a friendly german guy was nearby.
                      :awes

I thought CoD4 went overboard with customizations... I'm a bit of a FPS purist

Comment

I love AA-12 whit silencer sounds awesome imo, i m using it as secondary weapon for my ninja class

Comment

Working...
                        X