This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I turned to the dark side

knowing very well that p2p in this place (Estonia) is a complete failure.
    I hope a lot of fins got the game so I have someone to play with. If not, then I`m **** outta luck.

Re: I turned to the dark side

Originally posted by L3adcannon
    knowing very well that p2p in this place (Estonia) is a complete failure.
    I hope a lot of fins got the game so I have someone to play with. If not, then I`m **** outta luck.
    Welcome to dark side :gunsniper:

Comment

Admitting the problem is the first step. Congrats.

Comment

Ye of little will and faith.

Comment

I do feel like I got ripped off a little as the cracked version already has hamatchi (online) and widescreen, fov support.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adcannon
            fov support.
            Looks like I got the wrong version, then.

Found these in the Steam forums:

The guy found it on a hack/pirate site, though.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
              Looks like I got the wrong version, then.

Found these in the Steam forums:
              [media]http://i38.tinypic.com/oftrmw.jpg[/media]
              [media]http://i37.tinypic.com/2zfkbcz.jpg[/media]

The guy found it on a hack/pirate site, though.
              I dont get it what the prob whit FOV ? cod4 had 65 and this one has 65. Is this only a problem for ppl whit bad eye sight ?

just asking

Comment

Originally posted by ch3ch3n
                I dont get it what the prob whit FOV ? cod4 had 65 and this one has 65. Is this only a problem for ppl whit bad eye sight ?

just asking
                CoD4 let you change FOV up to 80.

Comment

just asking
                  With 65 you get the impression youre looking through binoculars all the time. That and some people get motion sickness from it. I don`t but such narrow fov rages me hard.
                  It`s there just cause consoles have it and for no other reason.
                  First thing I`m gonna do when I get the SP portion is download a fix for fov.

PS. It`s the other way around. You`re blind if you prefer a fov of 65 over 90. With 65 everything is zoomed in.

Comment

Dont worry about it, L3adcannon. I got a friend in Latvia and it matches him with enough low ping people so you should be okay.

This is like the game of the year so probably 60% of the worlds gamers will get it at some point.

Comment

Oh man... So what can we do to bring you back to the good side?

Comment

just asking
                        From a different thread:

Many people get simulator sickness while playing 3d games, and an increased field of view, along with Vsync, helps a lot of people mitigate the symptoms. Or in my case avoid them altogether. When I upped the FOV to 80 in MW and WaW, my sickness stopped completely. Many PC games prior to MW used a default FOV of 80 anyhow. It wasn't until everything was ported straight from consoles that this became an issue.

The reason the increased FOV helps is it's what one's eyes expect to see. From a couch, an FOV of 60-70 is expected by your eyes. Up close to a monitor your eyes expect to see an FOV of 80-120 depending on how close you are to the screen. Since I'm about 30 inches from my 23 inch screen, 80 is about right for CoD. It's all about keeping the image at a 1:1 relationship with the space in which it's presented.
                        It has nothing to do with having bad eyesight or anything. It's just the way many human brains are wired. It's the same thing that causes that little bit of vertigo in a lot of people when the semi truck next to them inches forward a bit. Since the vehicle is so large, it becomes a point of reference. When it moves, for many people they will feel like they're actually the ones moving backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                          Oh man... So what can we do to bring you back to the good side?
                          Nothing Im afraid lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                            From a different thread:

It has nothing to do with having bad eyesight or anything. It's just the way many human brains are wired. It's the same thing that causes that little bit of vertigo in a lot of people when the semi truck next to them inches forward a bit. Since the vehicle is so large, it becomes a point of reference. When it moves, for many people they will feel like they're actually the ones moving backwards.
                            got it now tnx, I played cod4 at 65 back then whitout eny problems so it s ok for me i guess.

Comment

Join the Dark Side...WE...HAVE...COOKIES!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X