Single Player a let down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Player a let down?

Anyone else find the SP campaign confusing, bland and just kinda boring? So many holes and unanswered questions? Imo IW did a horrible job with the story on this one.

[spoileri]How did price end up in that prison?
    Did we just forget about Makarov?
    The best reason they could come up with for shepherd to betray them is he wanted to be famous. WTF.

I smell a part 3.[/spoileri]

Cod4 Story > MW2 Story.

Re: Single Player a let down?

DAMMIT SPOILER TAG THIS SH!T!!!! please!

Comment

BAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!
      I'm so glad I got this game for free. The saving grace was supposed to be the epic single player campaign, and even that is short and lame. It's like a bad summer movie. Michael Bay minus film school.

Comment

Thanks for ruining the game for me mate, you may not like it but that gives you no reason to reveal a key part of the story, once again thanks.

Comment

Sorry guys didnt mean to. Been a very very very long day.

Had no intention to spoil it.

Comment

what did you expect ? a gta kinda story ofcourse it sux.

Comment

Originally posted by ch3ch3n
              what did you expect ? a gta kinda story ofcourse it sux.
              Oooo i see the ever so excitied ch3ch3n is not impressed?

Originally posted by garandx
              Sorry guys didnt mean to. Been a very very very long day.

Had no intention to spoil it.
              We all make accidents mate, thank you however it is appreciated.

Comment

I'm almost done with the Campaign. (can't play until later today) I'll see if I can answer your questions afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU
                  Oooo i see the ever so excitied ch3ch3n is not impressed?

We all make accidents mate, thank you however it is appreciated.
                  i havent even played the sp, but i know its just another run from point A to point B and shoot at everything you see story enyways. Im not an singelplayer guy the only sp game i have completed wher all the gta series thats it.

Comment

I thought the story was a bit meh, but the missions themselves were fun as always.

Comment

I think this campaign is better than COD4's.

Comment

Agreed. I found it to be more entertaining in general with enough plot twists to keep it entertaining. Did everything have a concrete reason for happening? Well, no. But how often do you go to an action movie and see every last detail explained?

Comment

With the campaign I'm pretty sure there were so many present-day parodies and comments on world-relations that appear to have gone way over the heads of some people.

[spoileri] Did nobody else pick up on the fact that the whole terrorist attack in russia leading to a full scale invasion without many of the facts first is sort of a comment on America getting involved in Afghanistan and Iraq?[/spoileri]

Or how in the first mission [spoileri] you don't really know why you're there but you just pick up a gun and shoot at the other guys?[/spoileri] Perhaps making a comment on the ignorance of the general populous to these sorts of things?

And the whole theme in the latter half about the winners being the ones who write history is actually pretty important in what we see as the truth of history.

I agree it did have its moments where I felt a few things were just ignored or swept away for a while but the probability of a sequel is so enormous that I'm sure they'll be wrapped up then.

Comment

I'm going to have to play the campaign all the way through again when I beat it the first time. I skipped the terrorist mission but plan on doing it the next playthrough. And I was confused as to why the Rangers first appear in Afghanistan because they didn't explain it, I don't think. I just remember that I got a gun and had to shoot at guys across a river.

Comment

Well, I have played through the SP part twice now (once on hard and once on vet). This took a total of 10h 30min so it is a very short campaign to say the least. The story itself was abit thin, like most FPS's. I remember someone saying (I think it was our good friend 402) that MW2 was going to fill all the gaps that COD4 left us with, but as said above, this game created more questions then it answered. I have to say though, it was alot of fun. I might need help or whatever but I thought the airport scene was brilliant.

[spoileri]The ending of this game pretty much announced MW3[/spoileri]

lol I just noticed, I have almost 20h playtime (SP and MP) in 1 1/2 day lol. I need sleep...

Comment

Working...
                              X