Shader problems! Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shader problems! Please help

On my last installation of BF2 there was shader problems and the game would not start, I mostly play mods and I had these problems with both PR and Forgotten hope. How do you fix these problems?

Re: Shader problems! Please help

Try updating your video card drivers first.

Comment

I figured out the problem. If I change anti-analising more thone once I get these shader errors and my Mods don't work at all. I changed it from 2x to 4x and the shader error game up the next time I opened my Forgotten hope 2 mod it said, Failed to move "mods/bf2/shaders_client.zip" to "mods/bf2/shaders_client.zip-vanilla': The system cannot find the file specified.

Then the mod opens and says "mods/bf2/shaders/staticmesh.fx not found" Do_ check your working directory and sync your shaders folder before calling upon your local rendering programmer/HP. (really!).

What should I do to fix this? reinstall my game mod? I was thinking I should never touch the anti analising options and just adjust it from my video card.

Comment

You can try reinstalling everything, but make sure your video card is set to 'application settings' instead of 'override application settings'.

Comment

My video card is already set to that, I might set it to over ride since I get shader errors whenever I change anti analising in game.

Comment

Go to my docs/bf2/mods/FH2 and delete the cache inside and if there are temp. folders in there, it will remake them when you load the map.

But yeah, let the game control the AA settings not 3rd party.

Comment

backup & deleting shader files between the full game and running modifications &/or replacing the Profile folder, each time if necessary - pain but sometimes worth it

Comment

Working...
              X