Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I activate MW2 on a brand new steam account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I activate MW2 on a brand new steam account?

is this the smart thing to do? so that i can sell the game along with the steam account once i beat the single player and get bored of the multiplayer? i know i have zero % of selling it if i activate it on my main steam account that contains bunch of other games.

what are you guys doing?

Re: Should I activate MW2 on a brand new steam account?

You can't really sell any account regardless as per the Steam ToS, if you do and Steam somehow find out the account will get banned and you'll have a unhappy person to deal with.

Comment

hmm but people do this all the time.
      we wouldn't have to do this if steam allowed transfer of ownership of individual games.

Comment

well you could do this is you can find a person that will buy it. I think you could only sell this game to your friends or ppl that know you because no one is willing to buy steam account duo to not trusting the person.

Comment

yea i'd be very weary of buying a steam account too... but there must be buyers cuz people sell it like that all the time.

Comment

screw it just activate it on your main account . I think we are going to see more improvment in the future enyways

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
              hmm but people do this all the time.
              we wouldn't have to do this if steam allowed transfer of ownership of individual games.
              yeah but it also breaks the law....you know that terms of agreement thing you always accept when installing your games, its almost always in there that you can't resell it.

Comment

Originally posted by ch3ch3n
                screw it just activate it on your main account . I think we are going to see more improvment in the future enyways
                Why would you think that? What about any of this led you to the conclusion that IW was going to support this game after the sale? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                  Why would you think that? What about any of this led you to the conclusion that IW was going to support this game after the sale? Just curious.
                  i have a vision :thumbsup:. but it s amazing how much negativity you have are you an EMO or something perhaps :thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by TGL|FalseLion
                    yeah but it also breaks the law....you know that terms of agreement thing you always accept when installing your games, its almost always in there that you can't resell it.
                    Depending on where you live, it may not be breaking the law to resell an account, recardless of the EULA. But likewise Valve wont be breaking any law by terminating the account you sold.

One thing to consider is that your friends know you by the id on your "main" steam account.

Comment

Originally posted by ch3ch3n
                      i have a vision :thumbsup:. but it s amazing how much negativity you have are you an EMO or something perhaps :thumbsup:
                      Are you retarded or something perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by [GCA]Tim270
                        Are you retarded or something perhaps?
                        it was a joke so stfu, and watch your mouth you little ****face

Comment

Cool it guys! This pretty much screws reselling your game, you can't even gift it.

Comment

Working...
                          X