Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since everyone says the game is perfect...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since everyone says the game is perfect...

What did you do? How did you get it working?

My net:

Not too bad, right? And Indianapolis, IN, USA is hardly a remote location in a third world country.

My NAT status is Open, of course.

But every round is nothing but rubberbanding when I try to sprint and lagaporting all over the place. I keep getting matched with people across the planet. Any ideas?

Re: Since everyone says the game is perfect...

I heard that launching CoD4:MP helps.

Sorry, no idea - I will be getting the game so once I have it in my hands I'll try to help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by Defekt
      I heard that launching CoD4:MP helps.

Sorry, no idea - I will be getting the game so once I have it in my hands I'll try to help you out.
      :laugh: I found that rather funny.

Were you hosting the server? if you were i havnt got a clue.

If asomeone else was hosting, you should of bitched at them for hacing a crap net, like most of the player out there are probably doing.

Comment

Well you could try connecting directly to the modem, circumventing the router.
        Or turning off AV and firewall. But I wouldnt do both at the same time

How about your steam account? I seem to recall that it has location info, is that configured correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
          Well you could try connecting directly to the modem, circumventing the router.
          Or turning off AV and firewall. But I wouldnt do both at the same time

How about your steam account? I seem to recall that it has location info, is that configured correctly?
          I've disabled Windows Firewall and turned off my AV. I'm not getting rid of the router. No other game requires that I lose internet for my other PCs and devices, why should this one?
          Steam correctly shows my location. It shows my download location as Chicago, and since I have a pretty good connection to servers there as shown by my Speed Test results...

Any more ideas as to why IWNet thinks I'm Russian?

Comment

Strange, it's been working great for me and bunch of mates (mostly UK, but we were playing with a USA guy too - and it he had 3/4 bars on his ping graph - but that's exactly the same as CoD4 anyway)

Are you joining a private server? or public one? Try join a TDM game...

and if it's still bad, go into your config and edit it, set cl_maxpackets from 30 to 100 (for MP) - leave it at 655 for SP though...

Comment

It's happening with every playlist that's available to lvl 15 and under. I'm only joining public hosts through the matchmaking.

I haven't tried cl_maxpackets yet, but other cvars have given errors and made the game delete and recreate the file.

Comment

He describes my problems exactly. So the game is working as intended, it just sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                  Any more ideas as to why IWNet thinks I'm Russian?
                  Just a thought, but maybe IWNet fails to get your locaition from your IP, and bundles you together with everyboy else it doesnt recognize?

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                    Just a thought, but maybe IWNet fails to get your locaition from your IP, and bundles you together with everyboy else it doesnt recognize?
                    Seems reasonable, they must think with that many people with no known IP that they are from the same place.

Comment

But why would IWNet be unable to figure out my IP region when video sites can? I get blocked from watching Hulu videos due to region locking quite a bit. So Hulu and other sites know where I am, but a system specifically designed to do it can't get it?

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                        But why would IWNet be unable to figure out my IP region when video sites can? I get blocked from watching Hulu videos due to region locking quite a bit. So Hulu and other sites know where I am, but a system specifically designed to do it can't get it?
                        Because they are incompetent? Because the games is not balanced for ComCast?

The best thing would be if you could haul you PC over to a friend with a different ISP and test it.

Comment

Working...
                        X