More Weapons, Less Variation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Weapons, Less Variation?

Am i the only person who has noticed that although we have a lot more assault rifles and various other weapons we actually have what i feel is less variation of playability.

In CoD4 if i fancied going all out i could spray my AK47 everywhere, however if i wanted to be a bit more precise i had my hard hitting hard to control G3 or M14.

In MW2 it doesnt seem like there is any of this, all of the assault rifles at first glance appear to be full or semi-auto/burst. I Would rather have a few different harder to use guns than the same gun reskinned 8 times for appeals sake.

Maybe its just me.

Re: More Weapons, Less Variation?

That's what it looks like to me - I will be getting the game so once it unlocks I can provide further insight, but that's what I loved about CoD4.

In CoD4 you could use the AK47 for the wallbang and stopping power, and because of its recoil it required a lot more control than other automatics, but if you wanted a gun with more precision you used the M4 or M16.

Just like you said, I'd rather have fewer unique weapons than a lot of generic guns, because it allows for better gameplay and for you to adopt a favorite weapon.

Comment

yeah i have to agree, all the weapons seems to have the same amount of power. It just depend what gun you like to use . I love scar-h whit the more advanced looking reddot

Comment

Thats pretty much how it is, all the guns have zero recoil and feel like they kill in pretty much the same amount of shots.

Oh... but there is a LOT of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
          Thats pretty much how it is, all the guns have zero recoil and feel like they kill in pretty much the same amount of shots.

Oh... but there is a LOT of them.

Hmmmm, sounds like the game suffers from extreme "console-itis"

Comment

Originally posted by Soldat
            Hmmmm, sounds like the game suffers from extreme "console-itis"
            "Say it ain't so, battle!"

Quoted from my Drill Sergeants about... 10+ years ago. They used that to describe sarcasm, shenanigans, and assholery. Pretty versatile expression if you ask me.

*"Battle" refers to the Battle Buddy system. All DSs were Battle Buddies, and each IET soldier had an assigned Battle Buddy.

**Clarity added, will still be misinterpreted...

Comment

Ok i thin k there is one type of M14 rifle which is called the FAL, however have yet to unlock it.

Personally though im enjoying the MP quite a bit.

Comment

Yeah, but you get all the unlocks for each gun which affect the performance.

You gotta give it time.

Comment

Actually that is true, the variation in unlocks will change the way the guns work here that is true.

Comment

I love the attachments and perks. Each combination changes everything. And since the weapons are fairly lethal even without stopping power, there is more freedom to try things out.
                    Honestly, barring the technical issues created by using a P2P model, I would love this game. That's why it's such a disappointment. When F.E.A.R. 2's multiplayer failed, I didn't care because I never played the series for MP. But to see something that could have been all kinds of awesome raped like this, and for no legitimate reason?!?

Comment

Working...
                    X