Windows 7 64-bit and PB (PunkBuster) Kicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 64-bit and PB (PunkBuster) Kicks

Just installed Windows 7 64-bit (Ultimate) and, naturally, BF2 right after that.

After a lot of updating and installing of this and that, I finally got to the point where I can play BF2. Right after I got connected to the first server and stated to play, I got kicked with: PB error .. cannot update ... blah blah blah.

After a lot of reading all over the Net finally I managed to make BF2 work without any problems.

After you get Windows 7 operational (graphics drivers etc):
    1) disable UAC (Control Panel/User Accounts/Change User Account Control Settings - last item in white area) by moving slider to the bottom
    2) Restart
    3) Install BF2 with setup.exe as Administrator - right click on setup.exe and pick Run as administrator
    4) Restart
    5) Install patch 1.41 - Run as administrator, also
    6) Install patch 1.50 - Run as administrator, also
    7) download newest pbsetup.zip (with pbsetup.exe) and place pbsetup.exe in pb folder located in BF2 folder (where BF2 was installed)
    |- http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php
    8) run pbsetup.exe as Administrator and update.
    9) Restart
    10) Optional - You can set UAC at the default level (3/4)

Hope this will help someone to speed up the process of getting BF2 on Widows 7 (64-bit) fully operational.

:salute:

Re: Windows 7 64-bit and PB (PunkBuster) Kicks

I just installed win7 HP x64 yesterday along with bf2 and I did pretty much exactly as you posted except for disabling UAC.

I also had to manually install the punkbuster services using their installer utility and disable "desktop composition" on the bf2.exe compatibility due to aero causing graphics glitches in the game.
    "Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Re: Windows 7 64-bit and PB (PunkBuster) Kicks

I don't have any problems at all with UAC disabled during install and I didn't change anything in Compatibility tab.

I have ATI 4850 and 9.10 drivers.

Comment

Working...
      X