• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i open my router's NAT?

How do i open my router's NAT. I'm using 2wire 2701HG-G

Re: how do i open my router's NAT?

Check out http://portforward.com/

It tells you step by step how to open ports so games can talk through the router. They do not have one up for MW2 yet. Unfortunatly I cannot find you the ports needed on google because too many posts are up about how its a console port. When I find them I will post back.

Most people have their routers setup to UPnP and that is generally enough to make the game go through the router. Not every time, but most of it. So I would be surprised that you need to do this.

What version are you playing?

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

UDP 1500 (outbound)
      UDP 3005 (outbound)
      UDP 3101 (outbound)
      UDP 28960

Plus:
      UDP 27000 to 27015 inclusive (Game client traffic)
      UDP 27015 to 27030 inclusive (Typically Matchmaking and HLTV)
      TCP 27014 to 27050 inclusive (Steam downloads)
      For Steam.

EDIT: I was mostly right.

Comment

Dammit, this is the second game in a month. Borderlands still hasn't been patched.

Comment

k thanks guys

Comment

With MW2 - you have to enable UPnP, and set NAT Filtering to Open (unsure, it might work with Secure)

As it kept saying my NAT was Strict, yet I have this PC set as the DMZ, and then I set NAT Filtering to Open - and it was still Strict on MW2... then I enabled UPnP and it worked...

Comment

You don't need to enable UPnP if you forward the proper ports. Mine shows as open after forwarding the standard CoD port of 28960 and the others. I made sure UPnP was set to off for a reason. It's a blatant security violation.

Comment

But then why was the filter still Strict for me? Even though I've had DMZ set on my PC's LAN IP for ages (and yes, I checked to make sure it was still the right IP)

I'll have to check out adding port forwarding for that port later on though...

Comment

Working...
                X