Re: Host migration PC side video

Thats made up propaganda.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

That was so fake it's unbelievable.

The fact that someone started talking got halfway through a word, waited 5 seconds to find a new host, and then decided to say the other half was lulzworthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk

The fact that someone started talking got halfway through a word, wated 5 seconds to find a new host, and then decided to say the other half was lulzworthy.
        you went CSI style on it .

Comment

The fact that someone started talking got halfway through a word, wated 5 seconds to find a new host, and then decided to say the other half was lulzworthy.
          That may have been fake as all hell, but with this system it seems like it might actually be possible. What's to say that people won't leave the game as the host?

Comment

It won't be like that i'm pretty sure. I mean, IW make some bad mistakes, but a 5 second new host selection wouldn't work.

Anyway, i've seen CoD4 on Xbox which uses the same function whereby one person is host. Transfer when the host leaves is instantaneous with no delay. I suspect the system finds a backup host straight away instead of waiting after someone leaves.

Also, if a person leaves and it finds a new host, who is actually keeping the game together, where is it running from? There always needs to be a host otherwise the game would just stop.

Comment

Its a parody video, guys. The guy who made it is making fun of IW.

RIP sense of humour at TGN? Because really, the editing in the video made it obvious enough.

Comment

Haha, yea that was laughworthy.

and besides - it was footage from months ago that we've all seen 10+ times.

Comment

It won't be like that i'm pretty sure. I mean, IW make some bad mistakes, but a 5 second new host selection wouldn't work.

Anyway, i've seen CoD4 on Xbox which uses the same function whereby one person is host. Transfer when the host leaves is instantaneous with no delay. I suspect the system finds a backup host straight away instead of waiting after someone leaves.

Also, if a person leaves and it finds a new host, who is actually keeping the game together, where is it running from? There always needs to be a host otherwise the game would just stop.
                  They've already confirmed that it will find a new host and give a 5 second countdown every time. Just like at the end of the Flag Runner video.
                  [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxNDX-wsLoE&feature=player_embedded#[/media]
                  Looks like about a 9 second wait every time the host rage quits.

From the Best Buy Q&A
                  "173.kaRMa: Please give me a direct answer. On the PC version. Are all games hosted by players, and is there a 5 second delay when host migration is in effect?
                  174.Vince-IW: yes."

Also, when did they start using Host Migration on the Xbox 360 version of CoD4? From what I remember, when the host quits the game ends. That's why IW is hyping this HM crap.

Comment

All the bad stuff that has happened aside, I think this is one of the best ideas to come out of IW and thought this was awesome for consolers.

Before you had some kid getting spanked on his game and he would leave throwing everyone out, now that cannot happen.

Yes, it is possible for the above video to happen. Its also possible for dedicated servers to have lag spikes and crash entirely.

Parody or not, this was a great invention to console gaming. Does anyone know if there are another games that can do this?

Crunch

Comment

I agree that it's a great thing for consoles.

Considering I've never had a dedicated server crash on me outside of the Battlefield games, this is not such a great thing for PC gamers.

Comment

TBH, if the 5 sec migration countdown is true, you probably lose more time through that than if a dedi were to go down once a week

Comment

You can use that 5 seconds to go get a beer.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                            I agree that it's a great thing for consoles.

Considering I've never had a dedicated server crash on me outside of the Battlefield games, this is not such a great thing for PC gamers.
                            Yep and now that theyve decided on their course of action, now for PC also, which is just another console to them.

Crunch

Comment

... or you use your girlfriend for that?

Comment

Working...
                              X