Cross platform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross platform?

I was talking to my house mate about the PC version of MW2, hes a PS3 gamer, and I was explaining all about how they have changed the PC version to be like the consol version and his almost imdeiat reaction was "cross platfrom". If you think about it, it makes sense. Its the last thing anyone would expect.

Thoughts?

Re: Cross platform?

Cross platform would never work as mouse+keyboard>controller

Comment

Sure it would. All they have to do is drop mouse and keyboard support and make us use use Xbox Live.

Comment

Cross platform wouldn't work. The PC would own the 360 and PS3 because of reaction times, and ability for better aiming adjustments, it's just not logicial, although it would be cool.

But then we'd get all the whiny 8 year olds on 360... (Don't know what it's like on the PS3)

Comment

i think games like shadow run had cross platform and the 360 ppl wher getting owned

Comment

Well, I don't think we should put the idea down. As I believe I remember hearing about cross platform play from the PC to the 360 before, where I had heard or read that at has slipped my mind, but I'm pretty sure I had heard that was in the works.

Comment

There are a number of things that would have to be overcome for cross platform support. It would be possible, but with everyone having seperate fees and networks, I dont see it happening.

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

IW has gone on record multiple times saying they have no plans to make a cross-platform game, and certainly this one won't be.

Then again, they've lied many, many times. So maybe it will be cross-platform.
                But since that would ruin the enjoyment of their favorite players on the X360, it's not going to happen.

Comment

I honestly want to see a cross platform game because everyone says Mouse and Keyboard over the controller HOWEVER on a lot of games on the consoles you can turn up the sensitivity really really high and there are some damn accurate players out there and i think the consoles wouldnt be such a push over.

Comment

I would love to pawn some of those arrogant xbox 360 "hard core" gamers.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                      I honestly want to see a cross platform game because everyone says Mouse and Keyboard over the controller HOWEVER on a lot of games on the consoles you can turn up the sensitivity really really high and there are some damn accurate players out there and i think the consoles wouldnt be such a push over.
                      Oh, then play UT3 with a controller with auto aim disabled. The come back to me after killing all of the mouse users. I have a feeling you'll get pretty frustrated trying to turn around to hit people behind you. Or you can crank up the sensitivity and have fun trying to hit things with a shock rifle or sniper rifle.

People can already play with a controller on the PC, but for MP they just get their asses kicked unless the game does one of two things: provide training wheels in the form of auto aim, or make ALL weapons totally inaccurate to mitigate the precision of a mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML
                        I would love to pawn some of those arrogant xbox 360 "hard core" gamers.
                        Yeah. Would be great to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                          Oh, then play UT3 with a controller with auto aim disabled. The come back to me after killing all of the mouse users. I have a feeling you'll get pretty frustrated trying to turn around to hit people behind you. Or you can crank up the sensitivity and have fun trying to hit things with a shock rifle or sniper rifle.

People can already play with a controller on the PC, but for MP they just get their asses kicked unless the game does one of two things: provide training wheels in the form of auto aim, or make ALL weapons totally inaccurate to mitigate the precision of a mouse.
                          Yes but what im saying is i bet the average PC player would actually have a shock playing against a good xbox 360 player because i have seen how they play, no aim assist, sensitivity cranked way up, modded the button layout.

Im just saying even though i dont dispute we would probably kick their asses, i dont think some would be such a push over either.

Comment

If there will be cross platform games, it will start out with RTS games or simpler games before they come to FPS. Maybe the next gen consoles will be able to do this.

Comment

Working...
                            X