Which game should I get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which game should I get?

I want to pick a new FPS to play since I am getting bored of the ones I currently have. I narrowed it down to two choices: Modern Warfare 2 or Left 4 Dead 2. Which has the more immersive experience? I have no personal preference of setting, theme etc.

Re: Which game should I get?

MW2 is now synonymous with fail in many PC gamer's eyes. Do you want multi-player or single-player? If multi-player, you might want to rethink MW2. Single-player wise both look fine.

Comment

Well I think Left 4 Dead 2 has better MP right?

Comment

Playing L4D and the demo for L4D2, the two are very close to the same and are designed around multiplay.

If this was my decision, I would download the demo for L4D2 and play it and wait for the reviews of MW2 on PC and then decide.

For replay value, I think L4D2 would work better overall. Some play CoD games over and over because of the single player, but I dont think most do. Ive replayed my cod games about three to four times each and I replay L4D all the time.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

u can try the L4D2 demo and then watch some vids on MW2 game play from youtube. then compare

Comment

i honestly think you could find a better use of 50 because imo neither are/will be worth 50.

Mw2 might be worth it for the single player. The multiplayer of any of the call of duties really never have impressed me as anything out of the ordinary....its just one of the few modern/ww2 shooters anymore that comes with a single player.

L4D has its ups and downs. The multiplayer is fun but I'd recommend you playing with people you know. I can't say I've been part of many versus matches that haven't resulted in one team getting rolled and at least one of the players on the team getting rolled lashing out and bashing the worst player on their team.

If your not really an absolute die hard fan of either game, save you money and wait for the prices to drop and just pick up something older that you haven't played that isn't 50 bucks....least that's my recommendation.

Comment

Sorry I cannot be of much help on the matter either. I have never been a fan of the COD series and after shelling out the $50 for a L4D game that in my opinion was very lacking, L4D2 in my opinion should have been DLC so yeah I wouldn't buy either. I must say while some of the new games coming out have absolutely stellar graphics (2 x 4890's) I have yet to see anything that I would spend over $20 on. Until something new comes out I think I will stick to my current games and other free games like Quake Live and LMFAO, Wolf:ET

Comment

Get MW2 for the singleplayer experience... get L4D2 for the multiplayer experience...

Honestly go download L4D2 demo right now, add me on Steam (so you will have at least 1 friend) - then play it... it's good, it's a little short but that's like most demos... it gives you enough time to get the feel of the gameplay, the new weapons, the new characters, the new AI, the new graphics etc.

You can also download a "hack/plugin" for the L4D2 demo, which allows you to try out the Versus mode too, so you can play around as the new special infected, but I haven't tried it yet... probably won't since the game comes out in soon, plus MW2 has been shipped so I'll be busy playing through that tomorrow, or Saturday, whenever it comes...

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                  For replay value, I think L4D2 would work better overall. Some play CoD games over and over because of the single player, but I dont think most do. Ive replayed my cod games about three to four times each and I replay L4D all the time.

Crunch
                  I agree cod hasn't got that much replay material i feel.

Comment

Honestly at this point I'd get anything that's NOT MWII. Also planning on getting L4D2, so that helps.

If you got DX10, Shattered Horizons seems like an interesting purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by VoraciousBear
                      I want to pick a new FPS to play since I am getting bored of the ones I currently have. I narrowed it down to two choices: Modern Warfare 2 or Left 4 Dead 2. Which has the more immersive experience? I have no personal preference of setting, theme etc.
                      Modern Warfare 2.

L4D2 is boring and tedious as hell compared to L4D1.

Comment

Working...
                      X