Shattered Horizon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shattered Horizon

Here's the metacritic page for it, it's sitting at an 83 right now.

Metacritic aggregates music, game, tv, and movie reviews from the leading critics. Only Metacritic.com uses METASCORES, which let you know at a glance how each item was reviewed.

Also bumping to see if anyone's gotten it yet. I'm probably going to get it so I have something to do on Veteran's Day. :awes

Comment

Originally posted by KillerStickMan
      Pretty sexy trailer here, I'm considering getting it now after watching this.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd-2dZMDAGw[/media]
      it looks meh to me, something about it doesn't look right.

Comment

You got to have a DX10 OS though :s i am stick with XP for now

Comment

Buy 7.

Comment

I beta tested this game, the idea is really neat. I got dizzy my first time. lol

Comment

I was pretty sold on this untill the Dx10 slight hiccup for XP, will have to wait for the Win 7 upgrade.

The game name being quite fitting for XP users? LOL!

We'll let Futuremark off though as the game looks funky, this once mind, XP has a few legs left iner yet..

Comment

Just bought it and am dling it now, hope this is good.

Comment

Looks like their putting out a patch soon to fix a few bugs.

Patch notes for Patch 1.0.1.2 (coming soon)
                  We are currently testing the first patch for Shattered Horizon in-house and depending on testing (pray for no epic fail crash bugs surfacing) it will go live later this week.

------------------------------
                  * Frames Per Second-counter, press F4 to toggle on/off
                  * Memory allocation improved
                  * Ambient Occlusion set off as default
                  * Fixed: Strange behaviour of astronauts during end round fadeout
                  * Fixed: Incorrect '<team> selected' voice in team selection screen
                  * Fixed: Rare bug of grenades flying through walls
                  * Fixed: Bugs in visual settings (AO and post processing was not always saved)
                  * Fixed: Rare crash bug ('scene manager not found')

Note that this is just the first update to take care of the most pressing and easiest-to-fix issues and it is so small that there will not be a separate beta period.

We will have more information about content pack testing in the coming weeks.
                  Source

Comment

i gotta get 7 :s lol too expensive :s

Comment

Four new levels announced, no word on the release date yet but they will be free :awes

Also, I have 3 free guest passes for the game good for 3 full days. Let me know on steam (killerstickman) if you want one, they start as soon as you begin dling the game.

HELSINKI, FINLAND – NOVEMBER 16, 2009 – Futuremark® Games Studio today revealed plans for the first content pack for Shattered Horizon™, their PC exclusive multiplayer first-person shooter. The "Moonrise" pack, which will be free to all players, will include four new levels effectively doubling the number of levels in the game. http://www.shatteredhorizon.com/

In Shattered Horizon, a catastrophic explosion on the Moon has filled near-Earth space with billions of tons of rocky debris. Teams of players fight in zero gravity to control the limited supplies that mean the difference between survival and death in the cold of space. The Moonrise content pack includes four new levels set around the shattered Moon, taking the fight deeper into space and showing a new side to the conflict.

Although a release date for the Moonrise pack has not been announced, players who pre-ordered Shattered Horizon will be invited to start play-testing the new levels this week.
                      Source

Comment

i will have one if you dont mind stick man.

my username is:

imcooper2

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                          i will have one if you dont mind stick man.

my username is:

imcooper2
                          Hmmmm, looks like I need your email or you need to accept my friend request before I can send it.

Comment

Game is a lot of fun too bad my 3 day guest pass is over. It something different from the rest of the FPS crowd, it feels more chaotic. You have to be aware of your seroundings, you can be killed from any angle.

Here is my gameplay video for those that don't have the game:

Link: Evant3k Shattered Horizon [Gameplay]

Comment

Its a cool concept, but a horrible FPS.

Comment

Working...
                              X