Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in Treyarch's next step?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone interested in Treyarch's next step?

I thought CoD:WaW was a great game, whilst not completely original, a solid effort and in my opinion, a more fun MP.

I can honestly see them using the MW2 engine and producing something very, very good, both on console and PC. It's too good an opportunity to gain more market share and brand image than to jump on IW's problems.

What conflict do you think they'll choose next?

Re: Anyone interested in Treyarch's next step?

i think either korean war or vietnam war since everything else has been done a bunch of times already.

Comment

Now that IW/Bobby Kotick have turned their back on the PC market, our only hope for having a proper CoD game on PC in the future is in Treyarch's hands. I'm glad they have a bit of a rivalry going on otherwise Treyarch would probably just have followed suit and ditched PC games in the gutter.

Anyway, let's just hope they don't leave us out in the cold.

Comment

I agree with you Alex, imo Treyarch have been fantastic developers:

- The have produced a solid game that imo is more enjoyable and longer lasting than CoD4
        - The have provided numerous free map packs and constantly update the zombie modes
        - The have great community support and feedback

I could go on about how impressed i am with them and i cant wait for their next installment.

One thing worries me though, this "new engine" is clearly not very well adjusted to the PC side of things and it makes me wonder how this will hinder treyarch a bit.

Comment

Ive enjoyed W@W quite a bit. I dont know what they would do next as far as conflict goes.

The thing that worries me is Activison has a number of GAMENets since the Blizzard merge. If that is the companies strategy right now, there may end up a Treynet.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

GIVE ME VIETNAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know there are mods for Vietnam for WaW but I WANT an actual Call of Duty Vietnam!! PLEASE TREYARCH HEAR OUR CRIES!!!

Comment

At least they took our feedback and added features that we wanted.

Comment

I want to see Vietnam. That would be so cool.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                  I agree with you Alex, imo Treyarch have been fantastic developers:

- The have produced a solid game that imo is more enjoyable and longer lasting than CoD4
                  - The have provided numerous free map packs and constantly update the zombie modes
                  - The have great community support and feedback

I could go on about how impressed i am with them and i cant wait for their next installment.

One thing worries me though, this "new engine" is clearly not very well adjusted to the PC side of things and it makes me wonder how this will hinder treyarch a bit.

Free for PC players. Console players have to use their points or what not, which you have to pay for.

Comment

I agree with Vietnam war. There's lots of interesting features they could have like booby traps. (BF:V FTW)

Comment

I wasn't planning on buying WaW at all but Treyarch's support really gives me a warm feeling. They know what they're doing, and it's fun how Treyarch once was the console developer.

Next time it's on sale on Steam maybe. Mayyyybe.

Comment

Thats a no for me.

Comment

Treyarch = CoD Developer

And they are the only one imo.

Comment

Space, the Final frontier and kill those m**f**kn aliens. On the ground with lots of colorful laser beams to draw in the younguns.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                              Treyarch = Correct direction for a CoD developer

And they should make a new series.
                              Fixed. as much as IW are the biggest douches in gaming since EA (infact, I think they have made Dice reform a bit), CoD is still their baby and we cant change that fact.

Personally, I believe that IW have tainted the CoD name and not even treyarch should develop games under that. I was a bit of a treyarch hater (unjustly because I never played WaW or CoD3, still mean to get WaW though, just need monies and upgrade) but seeing this "brilliant *comoneydrivenugh* New direction" IW have taken have made me feel more supportive towards Treyarch.

That being said, they didnt start on PC, I thought making WaW on PC was just to maximise profit, even so slightly, and I heard its cheaper to start making games for PC first. We may find that they go in a similar direction to infailaty ward.

But keeping in mind they gave us 3 or so free map packs, maybe they have made like Infinity ward and found a new home?

Comment

Working...
                              X