Vista/7 out of game browser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista/7 out of game browser?

Ok, we all know how much unadulterated fail is contained within BF2 and it's browser, especially it's browser. With it just hurling guesses as to the ping of a server along with it's ultimately massive response time.

So I went to use Gamespy Arcade, but apparently they haven't progressed much since I last used them over 4 years ago and don't support Vista or Windows 7. In fact they seem to be progessing at the same speed their website loads. Someone should perhaps tell them what year it is, pull them out of the stone age and show them the discovery of fire etc.

So what do you guys use as an out of game browser fo BF2? Please don't say XFire, as much fun as seeing every server on the planet (all 78 trillion of them) with no option for filtering or stopping the never ending list of fail from updating is, I'm a bit bored of it now.

Re: Vista/7 out of game browser?

Qtracker is an Internet/LAN game and MP3 server browser. If you want to find places to play your favorite games, look no further. You can also use Qtracker to administer your game servers, and generate HTML or PHP server listings.

Comment

One you don't have to pay for...

Edit: Oh, I like that. That purchase button is deceptive. Thanks

Comment

qtracker comes with some pre-installed BF2 filters, but I don't really care for them. If you find them lacking try out my filters. just close qtracker, and move the /qtracker/filters/game/bf2 folder somewhere else, then install my filters.

oh and if you have any questions, pm me or post on the Qtracker forum. Qtracker can have a little bit of a learning curve to get it configured nicely.
        "Crunch's First Officer"
        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by signa
            qtracker comes with some pre-installed BF2 filters, but I don't really care for them. If you find them lacking try out my filters. just close qtracker, and move the /qtracker/filters/game/bf2 folder somewhere else, then install my filters.

oh and if you have any questions, pm me or post on the Qtracker forum. Qtracker can have a little bit of a learning curve to get it configured nicely.
            Thanks, actually I think I got the hang of it quite quickly, I made a filter for 1.5 as that was kind of annoying that it didn't have one. I downloaded the BF2 filter off the site and it all works fine for me, fastest browser I've ever used

Comment

And here I always thought the BF2 in game browser was one of the best I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by [11AD]MAJ.Juno{XX}
                And here I always thought the BF2 in game browser was one of the best I've ever seen.
                Hahahaaha - Oh, you're being serious?

Comment

BF2's browser is actually decent. I like qtracker however for its ability to instantly apply filters to the game list. looking for servers in a specific country?, specific mod?, certain amount of players?, "24/7" servers, battlerecorder?, voip?, and also being able to monitor a server or join when a spot opens up. It does have its drawback though of always having to launch the bf2.exe which adds a few seconds connecting to a server.
                  "Crunch's First Officer"
                  twitter: @signaprime

Comment

It has decent filtering options and things like that but slow as hell and pretty much never displays pings accurately.

Comment

browser is okay, but using it to judge ping is pretty bad. it fluctuates like a mother and then there are a whole bunch of servers using a different port so they all show up as 0 ping.

Comment

Originally posted by signa
                        BF2's browser is actually decent.
                        It's so decent, you can't search for players.

Comment

Working...
                        X