MP questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP questions

1) Any good console commands/tweaks I should know about? I've got fov 80 and smaller objective icons (waypointiconheight and waypointiconwidth) right now. I know of drawdecals 0 but my computer runs CoD4 fine without it.

2) Do the weapon bugs still exist? Like AK-47 + red dot reduces damage, P90 gives you extra sprint, and M40 + ACOG is extra damage.

3) Is there a hit sound, and if there is, is there any way to disable it? When I throw flashbangs there's often another sound that goes off when it explodes.

4) Best Shipment/CQB kit?
    LMG/P90 + red dot
    stun
    3x frag
    Juggernaut/Stopping Power/Double Tap?
    and Martyrdom of course.

FOV 80 is great btw (compared to 65). Who was guy who thought 65 should be the default FOV for PCs? :shakehead:

Re: MP questions

Nah, there's not really that many useful console commands. You listed the main ones that I know of. I haven't heard of those bugs you listed, BUT apparently the red-dot sight doesn't give you better aim with the AK-74, so don't bother put one on.

"secret" things about cod4 are mainly map secrets, like cool spots. Check youtube for a variety of guides on how to get to them.

Oh, one console command you should put in is com_maxfps "125" it locks your FPS at 125, which is good, because if you can get 125 in certain parts of the map, you can jump higher and get over walls that you normally can't. I can do it easily with my computer, so you should be able to

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
      Who was guy who thought 65 should be the default FOV for PCs? :shakehead:
      Same guy that thought no dedicated servers was a good idea. :laugh:

Comment

Is there a console command to adjust the size of the teammate team and death icons?

Edit: How do I edit the cfg file so that the tweaks always apply? FOV 80 and maxfps 125 stay, but the icon size goes back to default after I restart the game.

Comment

/cg_brass 0
          /cg_sun 0
          /r_xvidpos -4960
          /r_yvidpos -4960
          (it might not be r_, but I know the xvid/yvid parts are right)
          /cg_fov 74 (I personally find 80 to be too big, and you can't see enemies as well)
          /r_drawdecals 0
          turn depth of field, soften smoke edges, and glow off
          /snaps 30
          /cl_maxpackets 2
          /com_maxfps 125/250

Not sure about the icon sizes, as I never mess with those. Also, if you're pubbing (promod no longer allows it) you can make your player icon on your map a line that goes through the map which helps you wall enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by Defekt
            Not sure about the icon sizes, as I never mess with those. Also, if you're pubbing (promod no longer allows it) you can make your player icon on your map a line that goes through the map which helps you wall enemies.
            So instead of an orange circle, its just a line?

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
              So instead of an orange circle, its just a line?

Crunch
              Yeah, it's just a thin line that goes straight through the minimap so that you can lineup your wallbangs. I never used it, but I know friends who did and it worked quite well for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Defekt
                How do you do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
                  How do you do that?
                  As I told Chris, I don't remember the exact command because I never personally used it. However, I believe it might be compassplayerheight/width and then you modify that so the width is the smallest possible and the opposite for height. If my friend who used it in the past logs on I'll ask him, but I do know that it is possible.

From the look of your screenshots you really want to boost your brightness as well as remove decals - you may like the look of decals, but it makes it hard to see targets on certain maps, especially vacant.

Examples:

Comment

lotta bugs are gone now.

Comment

Working...
                    X