Plz Mr.Commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plz Mr.Commander

Alll i ask of you is watch our perimiters, how hard can it be?
    It´s no fun running from harbor to ruins and trying to defend just to find your outnumbered.
    My advise to you Mr.Commander is to give us a varning before the bad guys get past.

Re: Plz Mr.Commander

Welcome to the Internet.

Comment

alot of commanders don't know you can spot enemies on the commander map without the use of uav or the scan feature. Just point and click. If nobody is there you get a question mark. If someone is there it appears on the mini map for the whole team to see.

The problem is alot of commanders never even go to the commander screen. They are too busy trying to get kills. Another useless commander type is the one who use all the assets for himself, like dropping uav's and supplies to himself over squads that really need the support. :shakehead:

Comment

Reading this thread doesn't make me happy.

Comment

if you can't stand the commander, then you command and show em how its done. that's what i usually do.

Comment

Tunis Harbour is it? Such a small map and flanking can happen so quickly sometimes.

pfft, another whine about how an important player isn't up to the job and lets his whole team down. Does that make the commander equivalent to a goalie in soccer?

Hope you do better as a commander. But if you make a mistake and the enemy gets the upperhand, the team suffers. Just keep that in mind before quickly concluding a loss due to commander incompetance. Crappy teammates can also break the game just as badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekan66
              Alll i ask of you is watch our perimiters, how hard can it be?
              It´s no fun running from harbor to ruins and trying to defend just to find your outnumbered.
              My advise to you Mr.Commander is to give us a varning before the bad guys get past.
              This is fair comment.

Even in the case of fighting Commanders, if they (we) stuck to doing fighting only during UAV passes, and spotted at other times, everyone could be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                if you can't stand the commander, then you command and show em how its done. that's what i usually do.
                :nod:
                Originally posted by BandoIruka
                Tunis Harbour is it? Such a small map and flanking can happen so quickly sometimes.

pfft, another whine about how an important player isn't up to the job and lets his whole team down. Does that make the commander equivalent to a goalie in soccer?

Hope you do better as a commander. But if you make a mistake and the enemy gets the upperhand, the team suffers. Just keep that in mind before quickly concluding a loss due to commander incompetance. Crappy teammates can also break the game just as badly.
                :nod:

Comment

well i guess a crappy commander is better then no commander

Comment

False. A crappy commander actively blocks a position that someone else could better utilize, thus leaving no chance to volunteers to even attempt to command.

Addendum: don't even consider mutiny votes. Since the majority of players hit PGDN automatically when they see a vote call, you get regular situations where the CO does everything in his power to hinder his own team and yet never gets removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                      Not that easy. I like to think of myself as a decent commander. But I led my (not high skilled) team to victory 4 times on a 24/7 Karkand server (I know this is the 2142 section, just touring :P). Then I got bored and let others take it and we lost every round for as long as I was on the server in a thrashing...

I was fortunate enough to have obedient squads. So please remember! Before you complain about your commander.

It's not all about the commander. To win you need a good commander, obedient Squad Leaders and willing Squad Members. With these you can defeat a team with a much higher skill level. But without even one of them, the rest are useless.

A good Commander asses the situation and constantly checks the perimeter.
                      A good Squad Leader drops what he's doing (no "I'll just kill these guys here" the commander is aware of those) and follows the commanders directions.
                      A good Squad Member follows his Squad Leader and heals/rearms his squad mates working as a team!

Before you shout at the commander, please check you have real squads, not squads of "I'm not following your orders, I'm uber" and people that just use Squad Leaders as a spawn point.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackfire458
                        well i guess a crappy commander is better then no commander
                        Only in such cases as a no decent Commander would have stepped up in the absence of a crappy one.

Comment

Originally posted by Forces(UK)
                          Only in such cases as a no decent Commander would have stepped up in the absence of a crappy one.
                          Agreed. I consider myself a good commander as I was in the top 500 commanders in the world in BF2 and have spent a lot of time commanding in 2142. I would have no commander than a crap one who either cant command or just doesnt bother.

It deos work to your advantage as it did yesterday when the enemy was so focused on spawn raping and protecting the first flag I flanked them and took all the 3 back flags before they even realised they had lost them and we capped them out :yay:

A good commander is worth his weight in gold. You can always try using voip to ask teh commander to do things or step down.

Comment

BF2 has VOIP?

Comment

Working...
                            X