Operation Blue Pearl - Servers PLEASE ban MEC rockets for 'Inf Only' mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation Blue Pearl - Servers PLEASE ban MEC rockets for 'Inf Only' mode

Operation Blue Pearl is a terrific map in Infantry Only mode - but servers - PLEASE ban rockets (anti-tank class) for Infantry Only. It's way too easy for PLA forces to kill the attacking USA boats with anti-tank rockets. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. I have seen too many incredibly boring games where the USA forces never even capture one spawn.

Come on, let's make 'Infantry Only' Blue Pearl a fun map. Ban the stupid PLA rockets for Infantry Only.

-

Re: Operation Blue Pearl - Servers PLEASE ban MEC rockets for 'Inf Only' mode

I think you mean the PLA. Either way it is an annoying issue.

Comment

If anything, the US uncap should be on land with I/O enabled, no boats at all.

Comment

Easy fix: make the temple a neutral base that PLA cannot spawn into at first.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi sauce
          Easy fix: make the temple a neutral base that PLA cannot spawn into at first.
          Pretty sure thats how it is anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
            It is.

I love that map, my eryx stats have gone up like crazy since it came out:laugh:

Comment

Temple is neutral, but people are so freaking slow to get in the boats that PLA cap it 90% of the time anyway.

Comment

Indeed, and it only takes one PLA with an AT rocket to obliterate 6 US. Would be more fair if the USMC had loads of jet skis...

Comment

That's up to individual server admins to make that rule, but IMO telling people how to play is kinda lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
                    Oh.

Well, move the USMC base closer to the temple. Another pretty easy fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi sauce
                      Oh.

Well, move the USMC base closer to the temple. Another pretty easy fix.
                      Or put another US flag in the middle between the docks and the temple. Similar to Wake Island

Comment

superinfantryclan.com is considering some sort of revision to game rules on their excellent server for this particular map. I hope they come up with a viable solution. It's truly a great map for "Infantry Only", but it's totally lame until USA captures a spawn.

(and yes, I should have said 'PLA' instead of 'MEC' in first post.... fixed it, thanks)

-

Comment

All you have to do is learn how to glitch the boat and do a wheelie..

I have no problems getting to land.. And you can do a wheelie easily on that map right at the boat spawn. I LOL when I go FLYING past and I see like 8 eryxs fly past.

Comment

Originally posted by iQue
                            If anything, the US uncap should be on land with I/O enabled, no boats at all.

What balances it out IMHO is that the US HAS UNCAP TO START WITH!

If you want the US uncap to be on the mainland then you should make the PLA HQ uncappable as well. There's already too many maps that favor the US for the win.

Comment

They could of just added the Jet-skis from Special Forces to this map, would of made things more interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X