Modern Warfare 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern Warfare 2

Well, ladies and gents, we have 3 weeks until the epic release of Modern Warfare 2 and I just want to hear your thoughts. I am getting the prestige edition so I am sure I'll have some NVG mischief to share when it comes out :P

Anyway, got a great MW1 story you want to share? I'd love to hear it! Epic rounds, hilarious antics, OMGWTFBBQs- lets talk about it to set the mood. :eyebrows:

I'll kick us off:

::Spoiler Warning::
    For those that have not completed the single player and intend to do so... all three of you...

I normally play, and complete, the single player campaign on any game before playing the multi-player. So, I am playing the SP and my wife is watching. I get to the point where the nuke is detonated while you are trying to evac the city. The screen goes black and returns control to you as you crawl from the wreckage of the CH-46.

My wife states "Oh, see, that's bulls**t. That is the thing that is annoying about these games- you survive a helicopter crash AND a nuclear explosion! F**k, you are being doused in radiation from ground zero and SOMEHOW you are going to be the only guy that walk out of this alive. Its just stu-".

At this point, my guy looks up and fades to white. The screen switches to black and shows "Sgt Paul Jackson- KIA". Both of us look at one another and are like "wow... that's never happened before... holy s**t..."

It was quite the epic experience going through the trials and tribulations of Sergeant Paul Jackson of the USMC 1st Force Recon just to be looking through his eyes as death takes him. Couple it with with knowing that, as in real life, there is nothing that can be done to prevent it and you have planted a deep psychological seed.

Re: Modern Warfare 2

So as this game got raped on PC I was thinking about picking it up on PS3, how many of you guys picked this up and are looking to play a bit of multiplayer? If anyone?

Comment

iirc the nuke never actually hit the ground instead it detonated in the air well at least it looked that way could be wrong ofc but if it hits the ground id expect to see a sudden blast of wind.

as for MP been playing alot apart from today as PSN & IWnet has been down most of the day its starting to dawn on me as to how long its going to take to get all the unlocks for all the weapons.. rank 20 or so and only been using 3 weapons and only 3 pro perks unlocked, longevity should be quite high then

Comment

My bro got the PS3 version since he mainly plays PS3 and I mainly play PC (I got PC version)

but I will probably get some time (whever I can) to play through it on PS3 to get some more trophies

[spoil=Spoilers!]Also what nuke are you on about? The missile Price launched at Washington wasn't a Nuke, it was an EMP blast. That's why it knocked out all the electricity, hence all the falling choppers, planes and no hologram on the red dot/holographic attachments...[/spoil]

Comment

Originally posted by Dan2k3k4

[spoil=Spoilers!]Also what nuke are you on about? The missile Price launched at Washington wasn't a Nuke, it was an EMP blast. That's why it knocked out all the electricity, hence all the falling choppers, planes and no hologram on the red dot/holographic attachments...[/spoil]
          [spoil=Spoilers!]If you detonate a nuke above the ground. Here, in outer space, one of the effects of a nuke is EMP. Obviously, Price didn't want to kill everyone in DC with a nuke so he detonated it above the ground so the only effect that was noticeable on Earth was the EMP.

Also how did Price get the launch codes for the nuke? And how did he adjust the coordinates so quickly? And wouldn't there be some sort of anti-missile system in place?[/spoil]

Comment

i forgot how to do spoilers but
            *SPOILERS*

the airport level... i read all of IW's beta testers shot the civvies :/

Comment

Working...
            X