"Exactly" Like Consoles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Exactly" Like Consoles?

402 said the PC experience would be exactly like the consoles, right? I'm not going to go into matchmaking, this is about something else...

1) Leaning: Leaning isn't possible on the consoles. Is that another casualty of this "consoles are good enough for everyone" policy?

2) Auto-aim: Are they going to force assisted aim on us?

3) Along with number 2, controllers: Are they going to force us to use controllers, so people with better mice or keyboards have no advantage?

4) Graphics settings: Are graphics going to be set to a certain level, no higher or lower, to match the console experience? Can't have people with different resolutions or texture settings, right? That wouldn't be in keeping with their new policy at all.

5) Tweaks: Consoles don't get a command line. No FPS counter, no in-game /record or screenshots, no /snaps or /com_maxfps or /cg_fov or /cl_maxpackets. Am I going to be forced to play at 720p with a full-screen FOV of 65? Am I going to have to look at little green bars instead of a ping number?

This might look ridiculous to some people. And it should. These questions should never come up. 402 said that nothing was going to change about the PC experience and PCs would get their PC-exclusive features. He said that right after telling us that the one thing that allowed us to have our PC specific features was being taken away.

So I don't think these are unreasonable questions at this point.

Re: "Exactly" Like Consoles?

What about the above post would be considered against the rules of a forum? Does anyone find that post offensive or inflammatory?

I posted it on the IW forums and it was deleted after about 4 minutes and 50 views, don't know about any replies because it was gone when I went back to look at it.

Does IW think censoring rational consumers is the way to stop irrational buttheads from spamming their forums? That's like saying the cure for terrorism is bombing peaceful villages...

Comment

They don't want to admit that they're logic is flawed, and the easiest way to do that is to delete your thread. I laugh at people who think they actually care.

I doubt it will be that extreme, but it's bad enough with the server issue.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
        What about the above post would be considered against the rules of a forum? Does anyone find that post offensive or inflammatory?

I posted it on the IW forums and it was deleted after about 4 minutes and 50 views, don't know about any replies because it was gone when I went back to look at it.

Does IW think censoring rational consumers is the way to stop irrational buttheads from spamming their forums? That's like saying the cure for terrorism is bombing peaceful villages...
        Yeah I saw that thread, it put things in perspective that it's not ONLY the dedicated servers we will be upset about, PC gamers have a unique style that is unlike console players. I think that scared them. Hah.

They might also have thought it was trolling because they never touched a PC and they don't know what is going on. Most of the moderators seem to be 360 fanboys.

Comment

This doesn't look quite so ridiculous now, does it?

No lean

No console command line, no /record, no FOV tweaks

And since they act like using a mouse and graphics settings are huge concessions to the unreasonable PC players, I'm thinking forced controller use and aim assist weren't too far off the mark either.

I hate it when I'm right about things like this. I really wanted this to be a good game. CoD4 is just starting to get a little old.

Comment

I can't believe in this either..

Comment

Working...
            X