COD Knife Contest Complaint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COD Knife Contest Complaint

being a Avid sponsor of many of the editors and reviewers from TGN and Myis on Twitter, and good friends with people at Intel Events and so on, not to mention the countless number of campaigns I've played at 21cw I was a but put off by the adminning of the contest.. Not only was I warned, but also attempted to be kicked from the server by MYis Zips..

First off in no way does it say you can't use other items then a knife against the admins it only says that kniving is the only benefit for the contest.. but I was warned in game with no clue as to why... then I'm told that I'm only suppose to use knives..

No where does it say you'll be kicked, warned or banned for not using knives.. this is clearly a violation of powers by the game admins.

meanwhile the admins outnumber the contest players and are using every noobtoob and arsenal in the book, helicopters, UAV etc... so we have to run around only with our knives, can't get UAVs (if you kill more then 1 person with a gun you get warned) Sounds a lil like Stat Padding for the MYis tags 2 me..

Sending admin problem info to my friends that work at the contest sponsors of XFire & Intel as well

Re: COD Knife Contest Complaint

OregonSlacker,

Since I am the player that told you that you couldn't use guns let me explain. It is perfectly fine for you to use any type of weapons in the contest. However, the only thing that counts toward the cash prize are knife kills as the rules state. It just so happens that you using guns while your team has more members than the MyIS employees is not good for the other players on your side. This is the reason that I asked you to stop using your rifle. This contest is here so that players will have fun and you gunning us down before they have a chance to knife us is not the general idea.

If you have a need to continue to use your rifle please let me know and I will join the server so you can shoot me.

Thanks,

[MyIS]CEO

Originally posted by [11AD]OregonSlacker
    being a Avid sponsor of many of the editors and reviewers from TGN and Myis on Twitter, and good friends with people at Intel Events and so on, not to mention the countless number of campaigns I've played at 21cw I was a but put off by the adminning of the contest.. Not only was I warned, but also attempted to be kicked from the server by MYis Zips..

First off in no way does it say you can't use other items then a knife against the admins it only says that kniving is the only benefit for the contest.. but I was warned in game with no clue as to why... then I'm told that I'm only suppose to use knives..

No where does it say you'll be kicked, warned or banned for not using knives.. this is clearly a violation of powers by the game admins.

meanwhile the admins outnumber the contest players and are using every noobtoob and arsenal in the book, helicopters, UAV etc... so we have to run around only with our knives, can't get UAVs (if you kill more then 1 person with a gun you get warned) Sounds a lil like Stat Padding for the MYis tags 2 me..

Sending admin problem info to my friends that work at the contest sponsors of XFire & Intel as well

Comment

"team has more members than the MyIS employees is not good for the other players on your side"

Only time I used a gun was when you guy outnumbered us, in fact one of your own admins was even on our side to make the teams more even..

I played for a good 10 minutes before the noob tubes and team stacking began with only knife kills, wasn't too concerned, and never got over 2 kills in a row by guns, which at the point being outnumbered tbh I was trying to get to 3, for a UAV advantage to help get some more knife kills as your team had a uav every few seconds and I hadn't yet set up a character to combat the stun grenades and uav's yet.

I was there to have fun, the warning and continued verbal assault that began because of it was unnecessary and contrary to that goal, perhaps had you communicated with each other you would have seen 12 of my 17 or so total kills were knives.. Not a big deal, but not fun, nor a good impression for someone coming into the server for the first time

Comment

Maybe you should read this http://www.myinternetservices.com/fo...ead.php?t=1371

And read the whole thread.

AB

Comment

No big deal if your not interested in my first impressions

tbh I honestly agree with you, your server, your rules, but in my defense, at least post the rules or update the players on the server when a "no gun" policy is in effect, according to your own posted rules its ok to use guns, it doesn't have anything even remotely close to the provision CEO mentioned above nor was I ever told what I was being warned for till I asked... I didn't want to be attacked verbally for just asking why I was kicked, which is what ensued if you read the chat logs..

I'm done in these forums on this subject :salute:, this is even more contrary to me having fun

Comment

Let me break it down for you a little. This contest is not a clan match or a tournament best of the best comp. MyIS is the ones paying for the cash prizes. The sponsors only provide the random give away prize. This is MyIS giving back to the community.

In the knife contest rules and in the in game message and in the official knife contest forums “MyIS will use any and all means to defend ourselves in the server outside of cheating. This is stock CoD4 so yes we use all perks, again this is not CoD4 pro mod or a clan match.

You said this was stat padding and by YOUR way of looking at things you can say the contest players are stat padding as most of the contest players only use knifes, pistols and stun/flash nades. Guess you did not look but all the MyIS players have been 5 star rank in CoD 4 for over two years. As MyIS is a company we can't all be on the server at the same time, so yes it's common sense that if there are 5 contest players in server and only two MyIS people, don't shoot. If there is more MyIS people in server we move around to keep things even and when you where in we had one more player than you.

Now let me be real clear, I don't care how long you been in 21cw and I do not care who you know at Intel or Xfire or anywhere else. And as a long time member of 21cw you know that all you had to do was PM me or Crrrazzzy or get with us on TS if you had a problem but no you had to post a threatening meesage about going to Intel and Xfire and calling the head of TGN (Zips) names and calling MyIS stat padders. Again this is not some best of the best tournament knife contest. This is a contest and you have to earn it no one said it would be easy. You said you could only get a few kills um I don't know if you where paying attention in server today all the |D| clan, CA clan, -a2k- clan don't have any problems knifing us. Hate to tell you but we are not just going stand there and let you knife us. Also people where bitching about you shooting MyIS people when a team mate was 5 feet away ready to knife.

No I am not interested in your first impressions as most of it was threats and flames. BTW I love how you say you don't want to be attacked verbally reading you last post but you seem to be ok with doing it to us. Also I do not see anyone attacking you verbally in this thread.

AB

Comment

I don't see any name calling going on, especially of zips or anyone..

just one observation saying it sounded a lil like statpadding (and in my mind i was thinking compared to a fun competition, my bad if you though I was declaring you were statpadders)

I humbly apologize if I offended you in the process, and just so you know I always comment to my friends @ Intel, & intel events on most every competition I compete in that they send my way.

I just bought the game less then 2 weeks ago and am by far not an expert, or clan player in that regards, I didn't have any problem kniving, and we were running around with knives out when it was just 2-3 players on.. thought the tempo changed to a Knife when you can, when all the shooting started and more admins reached the server.. Like I said I was there 2 have fun only, it didn't turn out that way because I didn't know the rules fully. simple problem, simple fixes

Truth be told I admire most of the Guys at MYis and TGN for all their hard work and efforts that go unnoticed, I'll swallow my pride and admit I felt a lil more then butthurt at being warned and kicked for doing something I had no idea was wrong.. would have just easier to all chat type asking me 2 please try to make sure not to gun anyone down that was being knifed by another player if thats what I supposedly did to irratate s1, but if I did it wasn't on purpose. I even loss an easy knife kill by accidentally firing on s1 when i meant to hit the other mouse button, I was going to switch my main fire button to the knife on the next round, but the situation resulted in me leaving instead.

Comment

Working...
              X