Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange fps behavior

hi all

So i just updated my drivers to 191.07 from nvidia. And i noticed a strange fps
    behavior it goes from 90/100 to 25/30.

Im not sure if this is duo to the new drivers but whit games like dead space,cod4,css it runs very well. Before i updated my drivers the game seemed to be little bit laggy at the begining of the game but never checked my fps back then. Does enyone know what the prob could be and what drivers are the best? And some ingame command.

system spec

dual core e6600 2.4 ghz
    3 gig ram
    nvidia 8800 gtx 768 mb GDDR3
    vista premium

Re: Strange fps behavior

never mind i found out that i neded to defrag the game havent done it sins the game was released xD

you can delete this topic

Comment

honestly, the nvidia drivers they released in august or july took out a number of options in the nvidia control panel. I know the force mipmaps option was one of the options that wasn't there in the august/september release, plus I started encountering a bug that's happened to a number of the drivers....basically some games would change the settings, if that makes any sense.

I'm sure the fragmentation wasn't helping, but that probably had alot to do with it as well.....

Comment

You schould try to defrag it helps a lot i noticed now, before that the game was extremly slow at start and loading screens but now it just speeds true it. my fps seems very good now doest go below 80 whit evrything on max. Dont know sure is this was duo to defrag or not but the problem is solved now

Comment

i defrag both of my harddrives regularly...actually checked my local game files on steam yesterday and everyone of them were at 0% fragmentation

Comment

I wish they went back to XP's defragger I liked the graphical representation and the reporting that actually told me stuff, and not just a yes/no.

Comment

Originally posted by Xylaquin
              I wish they went back to XP's defragger I liked the graphical representation and the reporting that actually told me stuff, and not just a yes/no.
              dont use the vista default defrag program its a waist of time. Instead download this program http://www.auslogics.com/disk-defrag. Very good defrag tool olmoste the same as xp version

Comment

Working...
              X