Should I try D2D?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I try D2D?

They've got WiC gold edition for $5 right now. How is Direct2Drive?

Re: Should I try D2D?

Works fine for the game I bought off there, unlimited downloads.

Comment

What exactly does "DRM free" mean as to D2D games?

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
        What exactly does "DRM free" mean as to D2D games?
        Pretty much the same as Steam? I don't have D2D myself, but I've never heard any bad things about it other than that it's not Steam.

I've got a GamersGate account though and they are also good.

Comment

i've always preferred d2d over the rest of the digital download sites.....well maybe with the exception of gamersgate. The only software they force you to use is the IGN download manager to download the game itself, then typically they e-mail you an activation code that you have to enter after installing the game and that's about it. As far as DRM free, probably just means there's no install limits. Some games only let you install them a set number of times.

Comment

I've not bought off D2D - tempted to get some of the games but I know I won't have time to play any of them (and the ones I was gonna get I have anyway for PS2/3)

But I know that they don't have any client program like Steam - you just buy it off the site, then they give you download the games (I think via the download manager that they have) - you don't need to have anything running when you play the games... you just load them up and play them whenever you want... it's basically the same as buying the retail copy (without the actual DVD / manual book)

Unlike Steam where you need to be logged into Steam to play some games (although most offer the Offline play option)

Comment

D2D is great. Never had a problem with them before. I've bought about 10 games from them, too. Good stuff! Highly recommended.

Comment

Working...
              X