Where to buy PC games in US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy PC games in US?

What is a good store in the US that you can buy your game online and have it shipped to you so you can have it the day of release or within a day?

It seems the UK has play.com, anything like that in the States?

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Where to buy PC games in US?

Play.com is so popular in the UK because it works out of Jersey which is a tax haven, so it's a lot cheaper.

Comment

How funny that its in Jersey, but no US version

Crunch

Comment

I've used EB games in the past for a few games, and picked up a local store. I don't think they guarantee it will be there the day of the release, but I haven't had any problems.
        "Crunch's First Officer"
        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

i don't think any of the US sites guarantee you'll have it on the release date. Even with next day shipping, you usually get it the day after the release date unless the site itself is doing some kind of ships the day before release special...but I think that's more up to the game's publisher, not the site selling it.

Comment

Originally posted by TGL|FalseLion
            i don't think any of the US sites guarantee you'll have it on the release date. Even with next day shipping, you usually get it the day after the release date unless the site itself is doing some kind of ships the day before release special...but I think that's more up to the game's publisher, not the site selling it.
            But doesnt play.com do that? On THE day, its in the mailbox waiting. I know there is one that does.

Its not a big deal, I just figured if a European company could do it, there may be a US company. Since we outsource everything now, I guess thats not an option.

Crunch

Comment

Play.com releases the game about 3-4 days early so that everyone gets it on time. I remember getting CoD4 about a day and a half before the official release date simply because i'm right next to the docks they import the game into from Jersey

Only bad thing is that there were no UK servers.

Comment

So what we need is a UK company selling stuff to the US like that. It seems thats the only way to make this work

Crunch

Comment

I'm pretty sure that Gamestop is doing what you are looking for. Also, you can put $5 or more down to reserve yourself a guaranteed copy. That's what I did, they are also doing a midnight launch so you can go and pick it up the minute the clock strikes 12. I'll be at the store for the midnight launch, the one at Sunshine & West Bypass, will I see you there Crunch?

Comment

Originally posted by [BPN] SCHLUP
                    I'm pretty sure that Gamestop is doing what you are looking for. Also, you can put $5 or more down to reserve yourself a guaranteed copy. That's what I did, they are also doing a midnight launch so you can go and pick it up the minute the clock strikes 12. I'll be at the store for the midnight launch, the one at Sunshine & West Bypass, will I see you there Crunch?
                    No. Unless IW release a demo, I wont be getting it on release day.

Im refering to games in general though, not just hit titles, but any game that you would want on release date without having to wait a few days to get it in the mail.

Crunch

Comment

Checked with Gamestop today, they will mail the game but you won't get it on release day. The problem they have is that alot of people were getting it early, Amazon used to be notorius for this but they quit doing it too. Not only were they getting fined big time for people getting games before the street date but they were also in jeopardy of losing the rights to sell Activision games at all. Especially on a huge hit like MW2, if people got it before the street date they would most likely lose their rights to carry future titles.

Comment

Well its a shame. It makes sense why since they are getting fined by the game police. You would think SOMEONE would mail the games out one day before release because you know 100% no one is getting the game the same day. At least then you would have it in 2 days, at the most 3.

Crunch

Comment

No matter how you look at it logistics are going to be tough to get it right. Even if they just shipped it one day before there are still going to be people who get it a few days late. And just think if they shipped out just one day ahead of time and someone lived next to the distribution center (which is very likely), they very well could get it same day.

Comment

No store can guarantee you will get it on release date.

Comment

Yep, it looks like the US just doesnt have what play.com provides. Oh well.

Thank you all for your comments. I appreicate it.

Crunch

Comment

Working...
                              X