Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the hell is BF2 on steam MA15+ (To australians)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the hell is BF2 on steam MA15+ (To australians)

What the hell is up with that? My physical copy is just M, since when did they classify it up. Its not exactly gory either.

Re: Why the hell is BF2 on steam MA15+ (To australians)

Because Australia's rating system is strange. It's not a game for 10 year olds but a game for 13 year olds and up but there is nothing that starts at 13 as the lowest rating would be 8+ with the next one being 15+ ( or is there one that starts at 13? ).

I hope one day they will adopt our ESRB ratings to help make things much simpler . Only if the Rated MA 17+ was changed to Rated MA 18+ it would really help out here in the USA.

Comment

not many youngsters may be able to handle the awful hitboxes? they might go kill someone in rage, i dunno... :laugh:

Comment

I think the EU has their own rating system as well called "PEGI" which may differ from ESRB.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHeartSmasher
          Because Australia's rating system is strange. It's not a game for 10 year olds but a game for 13 year olds and up but there is nothing that starts at 13 as the lowest rating would be 8+ with the next one being 15+ ( or is there one that starts at 13? ).

I hope one day they will adopt our ESRB ratings to help make things much simpler . Only if the Rated MA 17+ was changed to Rated MA 18+ it would really help out here in the USA.
          Yes we do have one. Its called M. Its the rating for the physical copy that I have.

Also, every country has their own rating system. New Zealand has their own for example.

Comment

Yeah my Complete Collection is M (for moderate violence, no age restriction) too. Weird that they'd change it on Steam though - Do the ESRB actually re-rate games for digital releases?

Comment

Working...
            X