STG-44, best weapon by far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STG-44, best weapon by far?

i'm only at lvl 44, but is STG-44 easily the easiest and deadliest gun to use? it outclasses every other gun i've tried by far. hell it'll still be one of the top guns if i were to use it in cod4.

way too good vs rest of the guns in this game?

Re: STG-44, best weapon by far?

No, it is an awesome gun, most my kits have it, but it has a lower ROF than some of the sub machine guns and it doesnt have the power of the tommy gun.

It is spot on accurate though and has good sights, which is why I think it stands out over the others.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Yes, well it was one of the first assault rifles ever designed the precision and power of a rifle with the high rate of fire of a sub machine gun.

Comment

Tim, it was the FIRST assault rifle ever built

But yeh, I kinda agree, it is quite easy to get kills with...

Comment

yea once you put on the aperture sights, it's so damn accurate.

Crunch: i personally think it pwns the tommy gun easily, i didn't know tommy gun was more powerful. are you sure about this? after all, STG-44 is assault rifle where as tommy gun is a sub machinegun.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
            yea once you put on the aperture sights, it's so damn accurate.

Crunch: i personally think it pwns the tommy gun easily, i didn't know tommy gun was more powerful. are you sure about this? after all, STG-44 is assault rifle where as tommy gun is a sub machinegun.
            Im afraid its true, the tommy has a 20-40 hitcount rating whereas the STG has a 20-30. Tommy also has a higher ROF.

The thing is that the STG beats all of them on recoil. That and the accuracy is its strength.

In hardcore it makes no difference, STG will stand up to them all. In regular mode though, you need to be quick and smart to take out SMG weilders. You can put double tap on it, but you better have bandolier also because not many people cary the gun.

Crunch

Comment

oh it figures, i play hardcore mode exclusively. can't stand regular mode.

Comment

Originally posted by groundedzero
                Tim, it was the FIRST assault rifle ever built

But yeh, I kinda agree, it is quite easy to get kills with...
                Well the MKb 42 was the first ( was a prototype mainly)

But it was the first assault rifle in full service

Comment

STG-44 pwns humans but not zombies or is that just me?

Comment

Originally posted by [GCA]Tim270
                    Well the MKb 42 was the first ( was a prototype mainly)

But it was the first assault rifle in full service

Doh.

Comment

I used to be one of those people who used the STG44 all the time until I started playing with other guns. I have found that the FG42 is better replacement in terms of higher accuracy if using the Bipod and a higher rate of fire. It has weaknesses though so I don't think anyone would want to use it as a full-time replacement, those being no suppressor make it less than ideal for stealth and slow reload without sleight of hand. I would not use it without sleight of hand but it can also have a telescopic sight like the STG44. Bipod is a must for higher accuracy than STG44.

Comment

Originally posted by ThIrD-EyE
                        I used to be one of those people who used the STG44 all the time until I started playing with other guns. I have found that the FG42 is better replacement in terms of higher accuracy if using the Bipod and a higher rate of fire. It has weaknesses though so I don't think anyone would want to use it as a full-time replacement, those being no suppressor make it less than ideal for stealth and slow reload without sleight of hand. I would not use it without sleight of hand but it can also have a telescopic sight like the STG44. Bipod is a must for higher accuracy than STG44.
                        Thats very true, the FG is really nice, but it eats the ammo too fast and the reload is long, so you gotta have bandolier AND sleigh of hand if you want to keep going on it.

The other problem is they disabled bipods with 1.4 and up patches.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                          The other problem is they disabled bipods with 1.4 and up patches.

Crunch
                          Are you sure about that? I have found nothing about the bipod being disabled in any patch notes for any platform. I will have to check it out and compare it with and without the bipod since I haven't used it without the bipod since the day I got the bipod attatchment.

Comment

when you prone with a weapon that has a bipod you cant deploy it thats what crunch means when he said they disabled the bipods from 1.4 and up

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal_Joker
                              when you prone with a weapon that has a bipod you cant deploy it thats what crunch means when he said they disabled the bipods from 1.4 and up
                              If that's the case its been disabled on the PC version since release as far as I remember. I don't even remember being able to deploy the bipod in the pc mp beta.

Anyway, I tested the FG42 with and without the bipod and it didn't make any difference. I thought it may have been a passive buff since you can't deploy it. There was no change at all so it really doesn't matter whether you use it or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X