Wii Remote Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii Remote Problem

Just as a disclaimer, sorry if this isnt in the right section. I wasnt sure if it should be either in the nintendo or the tech center section so i just put it here

I've had my Wii for about 2 years, without a single problem. I have 3 wii remotes that have just recently been giving me problems. One of the remotes is fine, other than ATM the batteries are dead. Another remote only connects to the second player slot, even if all the other controllers aren't connected. And a third will blink for maybe a second and stop, without connecting. Any suggestions?

Re: Wii Remote Problem

You could try connecting the Wii-motes back to the Wii by pressing the red button behind the front flap of the Wii and then pressing the red button under the battery flap on the Wii-mote. That should reset their wireless connections. If that doesn't work, I have no real idea how to fix it, so Google and the Wii manual are your new friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsidian Spire
      You could try connecting the Wii-motes back to the Wii by pressing the red button behind the front flap of the Wii and then pressing the red button under the battery flap on the Wii-mote. That should reset their wireless connections. If that doesn't work, I have no real idea how to fix it, so Google and the Wii manual are your new friends.
      I know the red button under the battery flap doesnt do much, basically what regularly connecting them does just longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Boreas
        I know the red button under the battery flap doesnt do much, basically what regularly connecting them does just longer.
        Well, when I connect Wii-motes to a different Wii and then want to come back to mine, I have to reset the connection to my Wii. To do that, I have to mess with the red buttons before it connects. The reason why I suggested it is because the problem with the third Wii-mote sounds similar to how Wii-motes act before their connection is set or their batteries are almost dead.

I've never seen or heard of the problem the second Wii-mote has, but you should definitely try reconnecting the defective ones a couple of times to make sure that's not the problem. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsidian Spire
          Well, when I connect Wii-motes to a different Wii and then want to come back to mine, I have to reset the connection to my Wii. To do that, I have to mess with the red buttons before it connects. The reason why I suggested it is because the problem with the third Wii-mote sounds similar to how Wii-motes act before their connection is set or their batteries are almost dead.

I've never seen or heard of the problem the second Wii-mote has, but you should definitely try reconnecting the defective ones a couple of times to make sure that's not the problem. Good luck.
          I think im just gonna buy a new package of Double A's and sit down and try messing around with it. Thanks.

Comment

I would suggest you do this with fresh batteries .
            1. Press the Power button on the Wii console to turn it on.
            2. Remove the battery cover on the back of the Wii Remote you wish to sync up, and press the SYNC button just below the batteries. The Player LED will blink.
            3. Open the SD Card Slot cover on the front of the Wii console and press the SYNC button on the inside of the compartment.
            4. When the Player LED blinking stops, the syncing is complete. The LED that is illuminated indicates the player number (1 to 4).

source: nintendo-europe.com

Comment

lol..........
              That's what Obsidian Spire said but without the artwork.

Comment

Originally posted by {AF}8|1Lt.NightHawk
                lol..........
                That's what Obsidian Spire said but without the artwork.
                His post was very vague , so I thought I would expand on that. .

Comment

the sync on the remotes are really not that good, call them

Comment

Working...
                  X