Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC2 has CUSTOMIZABLE vehicles!

Just posted on the Battlefield Blog:

This looks very interesting! As a dedicated tanker I welcome the addition of customizable vehicles. The blog post mentions how players will be able to, "...chose between Enhanced Armor, an Upgraded Weapon package, Smoke Grenades to hide, an Electronic Warfare package to locate nearby enemies, or an Optics Upgrade to zoom in on targets."

It also says, "Tank shells that hit armor at extreme angles will glance off doing less damage, while direct hits deal critical damage. Armor thickness also varies significantly between the front, sides, and rear of armored vehicles. A hit that front armor simply shrugs off can quickly become a problem if the same shot is delivered from behind. "

I realize that previous Battlefield games have had damage specific armor before, but it's nice to see it come back again. Another thing to note is that while they mention tanks in the post, they do not say that the customizations are limited only to tanks. Think helicopters and Humvees as well.

This should make for some great multiplayer matches.

Re: BC2 has CUSTOMIZABLE vehicles!

Yea this looks pretty interesting, adds another aspect to vehicle gameplay.

Comment

ha it was written by demize! he used to hang out and post here when 2142 was relatively new.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
        ha it was written by demize! he used to hang out and post here when 2142 was relatively new.
        Yeah, he's been posting all of the BC2 blog posts about the game. It's pretty cool that he used to hang around the forums here. Glad to see that he's moved up in the world of DICE.

Comment

I like this new idea. Should bring a whole new playing field to the battlefield. Demize told me that some specializations can be used for all vehicles, but some are only used for a select set of vehicles.

Another thing is that there are only a few specializations, so it's not like vehicles will be overpowered.

Comment

Originally posted by M0t0rBreath
            I like this new idea. Should bring a whole new playing field to the battlefield. Demize told me that some specializations can be used for all vehicles, but some are only used for a select set of vehicles.

Another thing is that there are only a few specializations, so it's not like vehicles will be overpowered.
            Good info to know, since the blog post was somewhat vague on details. I really like this idea as well and am curious as to how the whole thing will work on a per vehicle basis.

Comment

Sounds like a great idea as long as these upgrades aren't overpowered. It'll be interesting to see how they will implement them in game and what you have to do to achieve these upgrades.

Nice to see the specific damage is coming back to vehicles and to see that armour will actually work more like armour and possibly deflect tank shells, etc. As long as it doesn't deflect off a tank and into my face

Comment

Working...
              X