Quick recon titan defense guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick recon titan defense guide

Same as the support guide. Hope you enjoy. More videos out soon. Infact I have a titan assault guide uploading now.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxsCtSE8Wl8[/media]

Re: Quick recon titan defense guide

I will mention that that tactic won't work too well against a good team or even a couple of good players. The main flaws being.

1. You can be rocketed from the spot you stood in to detonate the RDX, or grenaded (an eagle-eyed player could see your head by the window looking through). If you are ever unfortunate enough to play against an organised squad, they would probably PK rocket the console without having to get close (it doesn't take long), completely avoiding both APM and RDX traps.

2. If you don't take out enough players with that first barrage of RDX, you could find it difficult replanting if any players kept back from the initial blast. Back when my clan used to play titan, we'd have RDX lining the ceiling along the entirety of the corridor. Standing well back and waiting for the first player to walk close to the window before detonating, you could wipe out the entire attack force in one, get resupplied in time to do it again before they're back.

Fortunately, since public servers rarely conjure up such organised encounters, and since most public players are headless chickens, your guide is pretty relevant for them at least. I'm pretty sure most defenders will still ignore in favour of support kit + grenade spam though. Blocking even the slightest access to the corridor makes the console pretty safe except for shield overloading.

Comment

Re: Quick recon titan defense guide

I see alot of players using this defense or something similar. While it might be OK as part of a larger defense, it's not very useful against even 2 coordinated defenders or really even one lucky one. If I make it into the hallway at all, I'm going to PK down the console. It takes 3 racks of PK's plus one. You'll have to duck behind the shield while the PKs come in, and if you pop out to throw a grenade, I'll Voss you down. My assaults on the lower hallway never advance further than the first bulk head, unless I'm somehow not in medic.

Don't get me wrong, this will probably work just fine against a large number of your average pubbers (at least until you start to run outa ammo) and it's always great to see people pass along what they know about the game

Comment

Working...
      X