My DAO-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My DAO-12

Ever since 1.5 came out, I've noticed that the DAO-12 has been greatly improved, I guess that is with all weapons, but I disagree with the latter. Before 1.5, it was hard to kill someone at a long distance with this gun, but now you can kill at a greater distance, I guess beyond 50 yards???

But what you have to do is aim steady...that is the trick of this thing...but then I could be wrong on the headshot, it is a deadly weapon. Using the DAO-12 has to be done with quick short bursts! Reload is a *****, it's slow, so when you do reload...try to hide or run around your enemy, then suprise him/her with some swiss cheese making shots!

Blessed be...

Millissa

Re: My DAO-12

I have noticed it too, you can get kills at slightly longer distance.

Comment

Originally posted by RanCorX2
      I have noticed it too, you can get kills at slightly longer distance.
      The other day, I was messing around and tried various kits to see how badly they damage other players and the Dao-12 and the shotgun did the worse damage in the least amount of shots. But I didn't try all the guns yet, so I'm still "investigating" whether I want to continue to use the DAO-12. Sometimes it takes a whole round of bullets to knock someone down, sometimes just 1 or 2 shots. I guess it depends where you hit the enemy at. Headshots always are 1 to 2 shots on any gun that I used, even pistols.

Comment

i just unlocked the DAO yesterday and it's a pretty good gun but i wish it was a tad bit more powerful like you say. i usually have to pump a bunch of shots into the enemy get a kill. i guess that's the trade off for a high capacity shottie.

Comment

I just wish it had the same reload time as a musket

Comment

The DAO-12 (sorry, but the military enthusiest in my mind tells me to tell you that its real name is the armsel Protecta) is rather good. Though its bugged where the reload loops and it wont stop unless I change weapons. does anyone else get that/got that?

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
              The DAO-12 (sorry, but the military enthusiest in my mind tells me to tell you that its real name is the armsel Protecta) is rather good.
              Yes, even in the game files it is 'chsht_protecta'. A redesign of the slightly older Armsel 'Striker'.
              Though its bugged where the reload loops and it wont stop unless I change weapons. does anyone else get that/got that?
              Yeah, I see that quite often too (I'm also a major DAO-12 user).

Comment

I haven't had any issues with it other than I can shoot the victim 5 yards away with a couple shots and kill them, or it takes a whole round full of bullets at the same distance, approxiamately shooting at the same area on their body. Maybe the hit boxes have some weak areas. I always try to aim for the head, but not all head shots are the same. Some are 1 shot, some 2, some 3, sometimes I wonder if I need glasses..LOL

I think its the distance thing. 50 yards is possible, but more difficult than 20 yards or less. The F2000 is my 2nd favorate gun, but not as powerful as the DAO-12. I think the DAO-12 came from some country in Africa? I'll have to google that...

Comment

Its real name is the Armsel protecta as I have mentioned before and you are right, it comes from south africa.

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
                    Its real name is the Armsel protecta as I have mentioned before and you are right, it comes from south africa.
                    YES!!! South Africa...Thank you...

Comment

What you have to do is rush while shooting, and use the jump shot up close. I love it too, its an awesome gun

Comment

Working...
                      X