Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch 1.5 and now keep getting connection to server lost

Hi All,

I've googled this problem and it seems a lot of people are constantly getting "Your connection to the server has been lost" after only a minute or two of play.

This is on a fresh install of xp SP3 with everything updated and running flawlessly (or so I think)

I have tried openning all my ports in Windows firewall and router. Doing a full removal and reinstall of B2 SF and reinstalling all the proper patches, closing as many background processes as possible and even tried playing with my firewalls disabled and STILL I'm getting the same errors.

Is anyone else having these types of problems? Can someone please help

Re: Patch 1.5 and now keep getting connection to server lost

I was playing the patch fine for a while but today I'll join a low ping server (normally 140 or lower) and while ingame Ill check my ping and see its 50-70 so im think nice lets go kill! Well like 30-240 seconds later ill get kicked for high ping, ive seen it peak above 1000 just before the kick yet these servers im joining show low pings.

Curious, i joined a server with 3 ppl and a low ping, like 50 and never had the problem again. However, trying to rejoin a server with 20+ i am getting lagged out galour shortly after joining and then kicked for high ping.

not to mention, now i am finding myself trying to join a lot of servers suddenly and id say close to 30% of the servers im trying to join I get a CTD. I thought they had this patch in beta for like 3 months? Weak.

Comment

Is anyone getting this error????

HUGE BUMP!!! COME ON PEOPLE CONTRIBUTE!!!! I'M SURE i'M NOT THE ONLY ONE.

If you are experiencing the same thing, what OS are you running???

Comment

OK I solved it myself by following these instructions.

------------------------------------------------------

"Go into Device Manager and right-click on your network adapter.

Select Properties.

Go to the Advanced tab and set Checksum Offload to Disabled.

Barring that:

1. Click Start or press the Windows key and R, click Run, type msconfig, and then click OK.

2. Click on Startup.

3. Select disable All.

4. Click on Services.

5. Check the box that says Hide All Microsoft Services, then Disable All.

6. Apply, then restart your system.

This will eliminate most of what might be interfering with the game running properly on a software level. Once you're done, repeat the above procedure, using the Enable All buttons to turn services and startup items back on."

------------------------------------------------------

Taken from

Explore our Video Game Forums. Electronic Arts is a leading publisher of games on Console, PC and Mobile.

Thing is, I have no clue what was causing my connection to constantly drop. B2 seems to be stable now and I have slowly added my KEY programs to the startup list. Let's see if this happens again.

Comment

Looks like EA support are all over it, so hopefully a resolution a.s.a.p

Comment

EA : "We are aware of the problem and we will get back to you with a patch in 3 years to resolve half your problem."

hehe

Comment

Comment

F'it Win7 >>> will cause all sorts of issues

Lets GO there :-)

64bit everything though

Comment

Working...
                X