Small mention of BF3 by BF1943 producer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small mention of BF3 by BF1943 producer

Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.

We spoke with Battlefield 1943 producer Gordon Van Dyke at PAX and asked him why there hasn't been any DLC at all for the game so popular it crashed servers and broke sales records. The main reason? DICE is busy. Apparently it's working so hard on the next two Battlefield games that it doesn't have time to show BF1943 any extra love at all, which is a bit perplexing given the popularity of the title.

Gordon told us, "We don't have any immediate plans right now, but it's not ruled out. There's a lot of pressure on the team for Battlefield 3 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 ... we don't want to stretch things too thin and and make something that's not up to quality. Battlefield 1942 is a huge game with a lot that we can pull from. We just want to make sure we keep our options open, and make sure that the decision we land on is what's best for everyone. We don't want to be that company that pushes out DLC just for DLC's sake."

So it'd rather be the company that pushes out sequels just for sequels' sake? ZING! We kid, of course, but we'd still like to see more maps and modes come to Battlefield 1943 like ... yesterday. Hey, hire some interns already!
    Well at least it's good to know the development of Battlefield 3 is more important than a DLC for consoles

Re: Small mention of BF3 by BF1943 producer

I like how this website feels like its, and the players are entitled to DLC. If a game does well it the HAS TO SHOVE OUT TONS OF DLC. Dice has allready said it doesnt want to make DLC for this game and it kinda pisses me off to see people continually act like dice is required to make it.

Comment

It's just an arcade game, right? (I don't have a console) Why would they want to do DLC for it?

Comment

The game is almost like DLC itself.

Comment

Originally posted by ebevan_91
          It's just an arcade game, right? (I don't have a console) Why would they want to do DLC for it?
          Um, no haha. It's definitely a full fledged FPS.

Although I would have liked to have seen some DLC for 1943 I would put definitely put BF3 up a bit higher on that pedestal.

Comment

If no DLC means BF3 sooner, THEN SO BE IT!
            (i dont have 1943 )

Comment

I think it's a wise decision by DICE. The 2 top games right now for them are BC2 and BF3.

Comment

Working...
              X