Oh I Remember....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh I Remember....

Yes thats right i remember why i quit now and it has nothing to do with BF2, its a little something to do with those idiots over at PB who cant get a dam thing right and think they are actually useful.

"PB Error: Disallowed problem"

PB, go suck a **** and die.

Re: Oh I Remember....

You haven't tried updating manually have you? Just making sure.

Comment

haha, some1 woke up from the wrong side of the bed today. But yeah pb is pain in the ***, but dint had an error for a long time now though

Comment

Ive updated my drivers and done the pb setup. Seriously i would rather have hackers ruining my game than have pb stopping me be able to actually play.

Every single time i play BF2 pb comes up with some ****ty error to stop me and im sick of it. I think i was the only person cheering the other week when i heard they were shutting down, shame they got saved imo.

Comment

This for me epitomizes PB:

We daily battle the selfish little punks who want to ruin your favorite online games
          PunkBuster does ruin my online experience. This game will continue to be unplayable with this piece of spyware.

Comment

You should try writing to them or something...

Comment

I was quite surprised to find I didn't have any punkbuster problems this time around

I am on Vista and I used to get kicked left right and centre, insufficient admin privileges, not allowing the punkbuster services (A and B) to run

Comment

When you look at the total amount of people they have banned its a joke they even get paid.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                  I think i was the only person cheering the other week when i heard they were shutting down, shame they got saved imo.
                  Correction - PBBans got saved, a non profit making organisation used to list banned players. Punkbuster is made by Evenbalance, which does receive payment by companies like EA, and does kick you from your (once) favourite game. I think it is Evenbalance that you should be venting your spleen at, IMO.:thumbsup:

Comment

I haven't had any problems with PB since the update

Comment

Ummm, try this for me.

1- Wipe HDD and start over
                      2- Fresh Windows XP / Vista / 7 install
                      3- BF2 install
                      4- Patch to 1.41
                      5- Patch with PB app
                      6- Patch to 1.5
                      7- Play

If you still have problems, I'll be really skeptical.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindManOnTour
                        Correction - PBBans got saved, a non profit making organisation used to list banned players. Punkbuster is made by Evenbalance, which does receive payment by companies like EA, and does kick you from your (once) favourite game. I think it is Evenbalance that you should be venting your spleen at, IMO.:thumbsup:
                        So Evenbalance is the company i have to bring down :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                          So Evenbalance is the company i have to bring down :evil:
                          You would rather the game was unprotected?
                          I have never had an issue with PB ever since they introduced it to BF1942.
                          The day they pull out of this game is the day I stop playing.

Comment

Honestly for all the problems i get i would rather it was yes. I remember back in the very beginning days of Enemy Territory a good 6 maybe more years ago now when PB wasnt incorporated into the game. Yes you saw the occasional hacker but the difference was they got banned usually pretty fast. Nowadays everyone expects PB to do its job and it doesnt so when people are cheating and PB doesnt pick up on it, admins dont kick because they think they are just a good player.

PB just isnt worth it imo, you still get plenty of threads here and on other forums complaining about hackers so what exactly is PB doing....

Not to mention the game performance would probably increase without having this spyware stream constantly in the background.

Comment

I am pro punkbuster.

Comment

Working...
                              X