More hackers since patch came out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More hackers since patch came out

I have seen more hackers tonight that I have ever seen since the game has come out. Blatant hackers at that. It is like they came out of the wood work ever since the patch came out.

Re: More hackers since patch came out

I've been fortunate so far, haven't run across anything blatantly obvious.

I don't think there has been a PB update yet either, so that could be part of it. Makes sense that the hackers would increase with all the activity the game is getting right now post 1.5 release.

Comment

Haven't run into a single hacker myself...

But a bad guess would be that new hacks have been released for 1.5 and kids want to try them out.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
        I have seen more hackers tonight that I have ever seen since the game has come out. Blatant hackers at that. It is like they came out of the wood work ever since the patch came out.
        Nobody expects you to elaborate on the particulars at all...

I mean, it's not like we want to know what they're doing or how to recognize them, or anything. :|:

Comment

Haven't seen any myself.

Comment

I'm an admin for =E= clan. We have banned at least 10 aimbotters since the patch.

It's easy to recognize an infantry aimbotter. Their gun shakes all over the place like they are having a grand mal seizure, especially with certain guns like the M249/RPK. You can see this when you are next to them or if you spectate them.

If you want to see what it can look like check out this youtube vid especially at the 1:20 mark when he uses a support weapon.

I was watching a guy in our Blue Pearl server when a supply crate dropped next to him. We didn't have a commander on that team so I suppose they can still commander hack as well. I don't know why the commander for the other team would drop him a supply crate (he was moving so it's not like it could have killed him if it hit him) so I can only surmise that the patch doesn't totally prevent commander hacking, it only limits its use. No spamming of assets.

*Video Snip*

One thing I used to notice about TV aimbotters is that when they fire a tv it locks on immediately with maybe a minor adjustment soon after and then from there on it's a smooth flight to the target, no click adjusting is visible. With average players you see a lot of clicking like connect the dots. Watch some TV aimbot vids and you will see what I mean. The missile makes an instant lock to the target. It's hard to see this in spectate mode because of the lame 3rd person view you get in BF2. It's easier to tell when you are actually piloting them. I suspect, but don't know for sure, that a macro would look similar. Not the instant lock, but the smooth arcing missile path to the target. Of course any good vehicle server should have pb_sv_restrictions 2 set to prevent macros.

Anyway, 1:34 shows the insta lock from a difficult angle followed by the smooth missile flight. Some of you pros might think that looks normal but clearly it isn't since it's a hack vid.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lx7Fh_qR1o[/media]

Comment

Yeah, me and my friends all noticed. There seems to be an over abundance of snipers all of a sudden and most of them can one shot you and everyone around you in seconds.

Originally posted by DurhamBULL
              I'm an admin for =E= clan. We have banned at least 10 aimbotters since the patch.
              /\ /\ /\
              This is where we've been playing.

Comment

Originally posted by DurhamBULL

It's easy to recognize an infantry aimbotter. Their gun shakes all over the place like they are having a grand mal seizure, especially with certain guns like the M249/RPK. You can see this when you are next to them or if you spectate them.

If you want to see what it can look like check out this youtube vid especially at the 1:20 mark when he uses a support weapon.

I was watching a guy in our Blue Pearl server when a supply crate dropped next to him. We didn't have a commander on that team so I suppose they can still commander hack as well. I don't know why the commander for the other team would drop him a supply crate (he was moving so it's not like it could have killed him if it hit him) so I can only surmise that the patch doesn't totally prevent commander hacking, it only limits its use. No spamming of assets.

*Snip*

One thing I used to notice about TV aimbotters is that when they fire a tv it locks on immediately with maybe a minor adjustment soon after and then from there on it's a smooth flight to the target, no click adjusting is visible. With average players you see a lot of clicking like connect the dots. Watch some TV aimbot vids and you will see what I mean. The missile makes an instant lock to the target. It's hard to see this in spectate mode because of the lame 3rd person view you get in BF2. It's easier to tell when you are actually piloting them. I suspect, but don't know for sure, that a macro would look similar. Not the instant lock, but the smooth arcing missile path to the target. Of course any good vehicle server should have pb_sv_restrictions 2 set to prevent macros.

Anyway, 1:34 shows the insta lock from a difficult angle followed by the smooth missile flight. Some of you pros might think that looks normal but clearly it isn't since it's a hack vid.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lx7Fh_qR1o[/media]
                This is where I saw 2 of them last night on the =E= server and one on the BOX server. He explained it exactly as how I saw it.

Comment

This is where I saw 2 of them last night on the =E= server and one on the BOX server. He explained it exactly as how I saw it.
                  Well I hope we got rid of the aimbotters in a timely manner. I know it sucks to be in a server with some lamer raging away to everyone's displeasure We want you to enjoy your time on our servers and to know that we take hacking seriously but we also want to be fair and not ban innocent but good players. Some hackers are really good at masking what they do. There's a process we go through and it can sometimes take a few minutes. That, and not all of our members are admins and know how to recognize and deal with hackers. One of our senior admins is a Pbbans staff member so rest assured we try our best.

If you ever need help look for me.

=E= Sinn-U1

Comment

I like the SAW spazzing out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dronetek
                      Yeah, me and my friends all noticed. There seems to be an over abundance of snipers all of a sudden and most of them can one shot you and everyone around you in seconds.
                      Well I use sniper a lot in city maps and can usually one shot people in about a second, so not all of us ghille-tards are bad.

Comment

Or could it just be that hitboxes are much better now so headshots are much easier than before :shakehead:

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
                          Haven't seen any myself.
                          lol same here, i think he just been getting bashed too much :cry::cry:

Comment

Saw a APC speedhack/glitch the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by Leopardi
                              Or could it just be that hitboxes are much better now so headshots are much easier than before :shakehead:
                              Call it what you want. You must be defending these guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X