Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats up whit the russian plane on Road rage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats up whit the russian plane on Road rage?

hey

Is it me or is the russian plane on road rage hard to master? my mouse sensetivity is all the way up and the plane still controls like s$%@. You dive to drop some bomb and the damn thing doest pull up ?

Re: Whats up whit the russian plane on Road rage?

they are a bit sluggish I found but could fly them ok (I fly keyboard only)

the thing I noticed is that you can't go very high with it at all, or was it just me?

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
      they are a bit sluggish I found but could fly them ok (I fly keyboard only)

the thing I noticed is that you can't go very high with it at all, or was it just me?
      dint even tryed to go high couse you never going to pull it down on time. Mayby you need a joystick just for this plane.

Comment

The AF bombers require smart flying. They are not like the jets where you can bomb and be gone within a sec. You gotta know your entrance and exit strategy!

Comment

yeh the planes have power but not survivability compared to other jets, lack of speed, agility and AA works now

on Road Rage you have to be really careful cos you can have Linebackers and Tunguskas on you that can paint you from across the map and bombing that middle flag is dangerous

but there are those out of bound locations just for aircraft, lot of space over the water to line up bombing runs down the highway, I'd always drop my bombs and run the hell away, only shot down 1 A10 and that was hard enough with the cannon; good for strafing runs

but yeh attacks, got to have long run ups, opportunistic flying doesn't really work

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
            yeh the planes have power but not survivability compared to other jets, lack of speed, agility and AA works now

on Road Rage you have to be really careful cos you can have Linebackers and Tunguskas on you that can paint you from across the map and bombing that middle flag is dangerous
            True i m the tunguska man love to go to area wher all the houses are and the basketball course or something like that and hide between two houses taking the machingun class whit you to have some ammo (because 99% of commanders doest react to your suplydrop calls)

Comment

As others have said you can't just fly around and kill everything in your path in the AF planes.My strategy that works is just cruise around 450 feet, then dive down quickly,fire some bursts of cannon,drop my bombs and get the hell out of there.

The cannons on the AF planes are woefully underpowered too.

Comment

Got my expert air defence badge just now on Road Rage, whoring the linebacker really is a dangerous map for those bombers ehehehehe

Comment

What throws me off the most is where the bombs are released. The bombs come out much further back from the vanilla jets, which means I normally resort to high-angle dive bombing.

Originally posted by solofowaffles
                  The cannons on the AF planes are woefully underpowered too.
                  Against ground targets I'd agree, but they're deadly in A2A combat.

I usually take them down before they get a chance to turn away.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                    The AF bombers require smart flying. They are not like the jets where you can bomb and be gone within a sec. You gotta know your entrance and exit strategy!
                    Don't know what servers u are playing on but a guy called |PT|RATING, who is practically the world #1 BF2 pilot, has been whinging like a little ***** all day on the 2f4y.co.uk server about how the Road Rage Jets are going to seriously lower is KD Ratio in jet.

If even someone like that is crying about them, then I reckon it is more a case of the pilots hands being tied other than someone just not having enough skill/forethought. I found the choppers on 2142 a bit like this.....unlike thier BF2 counterparts, ANYONE could fly them, but they were also very easy to take down no matter who was flying them.....The skill/experience gradient was removed.....same has been done with the RR Bombers.

Comment

Originally posted by MatTheCat
                      Don't know what servers u are playing on but a guy called |PT|RATING, who is practically the world #1 BF2 pilot, has been whinging like a little ***** all day on the 2f4y.co.uk server about how the Road Rage Jets are going to seriously lower is KD Ratio in jet.

If even someone like that is crying about them, then I reckon it is more a case of the pilots hands being tied other than someone just not having enough skill/forethought. I found the choppers on 2142 a bit like this.....unlike thier BF2 counterparts, ANYONE could fly them, but they were also very easy to take down no matter who was flying them.....The skill/experience gradient was removed.....same has been done with the RR Bombers.
                      Yeah I noticed that in PR.
                      Btw, PT RATing? I don't think so. I am the best pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by MatTheCat

|PT|RATING is certainly not the #1 BF2 Pilot, not even close. He is perhaps the biggest J-10 whore in the game, and he only cares about little number in his stats. You mentioned it yourself, jet K/D ratio.

Please, don't base claims like that on stats.

Comment

Originally posted by Skaggy
                          |PT|RATING is certainly not the #1 BF2 Pilot, not even close. He is perhaps the biggest J-10 whore in the game, and he only cares about little number in his stats. You mentioned it yourself, jet K/D ratio.

Please, don't base claims like that on stats.
                          OK....he may not be the best....but his K stats at one point in time were basically #1 in BF2.

He is however (J10 whore or not), a very VERY good pilot.

Comment

As somewhat of a jet whore myself (yes, I can admit it..), I am definitely concerned about the increase in AA effectiveness, but unlike the whiners, I'm looking at it as more of a new challenge, requiring me to adapt, etc. No doubt I'm going to have to refine some tactics, but that is what makes it fun. At the same time, I love playing the anti-air role too, so it will be nice to rack up some more kills now on aircraft that used to be able to escape with maybe 1 missile hit before.

A lot of BF2 jet pilots are sweating balls now about the toll the new AA is gonna take on their precious K/D ratios (chopper pilots too, I'm sure), but as far as I am concerned, it's all just fun and games. People who cry about it are taking this way too seriously IMO.

Comment

If you mean the Su-39, it's agility in pulling the nose down is just terrible, you're better off flying upside down and pulling the nose up.

Comment

Working...
                              X