Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Computer Locking up

Originally posted by ReaperOfsouls
    Everything is running like a champ with two gigs.

My voltage and timings for the ram are correct.

I dont know if gigabyte has such a list but I am kinda past that point since I already bought the ram.

Its Corsair Dominator ram so its supposed to be pretty good stuff.
    It is, I have that too

It could be that the RAM you purchased is not fully compatible. Physically all the RAM looks the same, but they make different models of the same stuff for different boards.

You should still check the BIOS version and see if there is an update. I had a RAM problem long ago and a BIOS flash fixed it. It could be as simple as that.

Maybe call gigabyte again and ask if the RAM you have is good. Explain that when you use 4 gigs, the system locks up. I dont know if they have an 800 number. Maybe call Corsair and ask them about the RAM as well. They may know of the issue and a fix for it.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

This might not be the case, but some motherboards/CPUs/chipsets don't like having all four RAM slots filled at stock clocks. With my DFI NF4 board if I populate four RAM slots, it automatically drops from 400MHz dual-channel to 333MHz dual-channel. And if I manually change the clocks back to 400MHz, it crashes shortly after boot. I found that it's possible to up the voltage and relax the timings and get normal speeds, but it's still unstable and doesn't improve performance enough to be worth the hassle and risk.
      So you might try clocking your RAM down a notch.

Comment

My BIOS is the latest version, it was the first thing I did when I was having the original problem with my board (took 20 seconds to post). I rmaed it and the company fixed the bored.

Before I RMAed the board the first time it ran 4 sticks of ram fine. After the board was repaired and returned this was not the case, I had the issues described in this post.

I have once again rmaed the board, will post back in a month once I get it back.

Also, I looked on the ram compatibility support list and the exact type of ram I have is listed as fully compatible at stock speeds.

This further leads me to believe I got a messed up board.

Ill let you all know how everything works out.

Thank you all for your time and posts helping me work through my issues.

Comment

Got the MoBo back, it seems to be doing fine on CSS and BF2, going to try WaW tonight.

Comment

Working...
          X