How to: Update BF2 Audio version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to: Update BF2 Audio version

ok, i did manage to find the sound.con file buried under few folders deep in the the installation folder for both BF2 and 2142.

it's under program files/electronic arts/battlefield 2142/mods/bf2142/settings/ (for bf2, just substitute bf2 for 2142)

there, there is a folder called default. in there i found files named soundhigh, soundmedium, soundlow, all .con files. since i use high, i edited that file and changed the # of channels to 128 and saved it. basically, i was trying to trick it to thinking that high = 128 voices. i also i went to profiles/default and edited the sound.con file to 128 channels as well, to be safe.

so i tested this out in 2142 and i think i might be getting 128 channels now on high quality, like ultra high. no static/crackling because i'm on hardware mode. i am not 100% sure yet, but i was able to hear the sounds that you can only hear on 128 channels (like the wind in berlin and fog horns in tunis harbor). i need others to confirm this.

jerad gray, try out what i did and see if you are able to use 128 channels on high bypassing x-fi mode.

update: i am almost pretty sure i am now getting 128 channels using hardware/high quality options. i can definitely notice all the little detail sounds that 128 channel enables.

Comment

Working...
    X