How to make an EASY Official Private server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make an EASY Official Private server

Hi, me and my clan members want a server, not official for the public to come in, just SFK| clan only!
    How do you make a FREE Call of Duty 4 server?
    I already tried the dedicated stuff like: Activision/Call of Duty 4/iw.exe/server config/ or something like that.

Re: How to make an EASY Official Private server

Originally posted by Banzai101
    Hi, me and my clan members want a server, not official for the public to come in, just SFK| clan only!
    How do you make a FREE Call of Duty 4 server?
    I already tried the dedicated stuff like: Activision/Call of Duty 4/iw.exe/server config/ or something like that.
    Hmm I remember how to do this on COD4, but i forgot. I think you need a dedicated computer, dothat Activision/call of duty4/iw.exe etcetc thing, then get the external IP of the pc or something like that and connect.

Comment

just create a new icon for the game. Right click on it, and then click properties.

You will need to add some text to the target. It should look something like this:
      Code:
      ".\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\iw3mp.exe" +dedicated 2 +rcon_password "adminpassword" +sv_punkbuster 1 +g_password "gamepassword"

Optional:
      If you want a mod on your server you will just use this instead:
      ".\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\iw3mp.exe" +dedicated 2 +set fs_game mods/modfoldername +rcon_password "adminpassword" +sv_punkbuster 1 +g_password "gamepassword"
      When you have this set you can just apply the changes and doubbleclick the icon. If you need more options you will have to use a config or a program like AGrcon or RconMAX.

Here you got a sample config file that you can edit
      This website is for sale! cod4boards.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, cod4boards.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

If you want to run a config every time you start the server, just add this to the target:
      Code:
      +exec nameofconfig.cfg
      Remember to portforward
      Open ports on your router with our port forwarding guides. We have guides specific to your router.

Comment

I don't know if this will work, I tried this before, my friends said, "It says: Server Timed out, please try again" when their in-game on Call of Duty 4.
        I don't know why this happens if I can connect to their servers that their on

Comment

have you portforwarded the port 28960??? Look back at my previous post for the toturial. Click the link and choose your router and then choose COD4MW. It should show you how to do it.

Comment

Working...
          X